Zinc is an essential mineral for many processes and systems. in many bodies This mineral helps to control blood sugar levels. It is involved in DNA wound healing. immune system function growth and development reproductive and mental health
Zinc deficiency can lead to a number of health problems, such as immune deficiencies. not growing as it should Skin problems, slow wound healing, problems with the reproductive system mental health problems and there may be problems with metabolism and blood sugar levels.
Therefore, in order to maintain health and help various systems in the body to be balanced We should make sure that we get enough zinc. Whether it is eating healthy natural foods or taking supplements. In this way, we can get enough zinc and reduce the risk of developing health problems from a lack of nutrients.
Benefits of zinc (Zinc)
1. Contributes to boosting the immune system
Zinc is important for immune system function. It helps to develop and activate immune cells. And it can also help reduce inflammation.
2. Wound Treatment
Zinc is important for the healing process. and contributes to cell division and the production of new tissues
3. Skin health
Zinc is essential for maintaining healthy skin. getting enough zinc can help reduce inflammation It also helps treat acne and reduce other skin problems.
Zinc has antioxidant properties. It helps prevent oxidative damage caused by free radicals and can also help reduce stress that occurs in the body.
5. It is linked to mental health.
Zinc plays a role in brain function and helps regulate mood. Low levels of zinc in the body have been linked to an increase in depression and anxiety.
6. Helps produce hormones
Zinc is essential for the production of hormones and essential for the development of the reproductive organs. It is also essential for sperm production and fertility in men.
7. Regulation of blood sugar levels
Zinc is part of the hormone insulin. And contribute to helping control blood sugar levels.
8. Improves Bone Health
Zinc is important for bone health. Getting enough zinc can help prevent bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
What are the side effects of taking too much zinc?
Although zinc is an essential nutrient for the body. But having too much can have negative effects too. Some of the negative effects that can occur from taking too much zinc include:
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea: These are the most common symptoms. Especially when the body gets too much zinc.
- Abdominal pain and cramps: Excess zinc can irritate the lining of your stomach and cause stomach upset and cramps.
- have a headache: Eating too much zinc can be toxic to the body and one of the symptoms shown is a headache.
- Decreased immune function: Although zinc is important for immune function, getting too much zinc can impair immune function and increase your risk of infection.
- Copper deficiency: High doses of zinc can reduce the body’s absorption of copper and lead to copper deficiency. Copper is important for the production of red blood cells and the functioning of the nervous system.
- Anemia: Excess zinc can block the absorption of iron and copper. and can lead to anemia This is a condition where the body does not have enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to tissues throughout the body.
- Reduced HDL fat: Excessive zinc intake can lead to a decrease in good HDL cholesterol levels and can lead to an increase in LDL or bad cholesterol levels.
It is important to monitor whether you are getting enough zinc through your diet. The recommended daily intake of zinc is approximately 11 mg for men and 8 mg for women, However, taking high doses of zinc supplements can lead to toxicity and adverse effects. If you are concerned about your zinc intake or considering taking a zinc supplement, always consult a health professional first.
Articles you may be interested in