AMLO Orders Seizure and Freezing of Assets in Connection to Crimes Worth Over 515 Million Baht
By [Author Name], [Newspaper Name]
On August 8, 2023, Mr. Thepsu Bowonchotdara, the Secretary General of the Anti-Money Laundering Commission (AMLO Secretary General), announced that a meeting was held by the Proceedings Committee, where a decision was made to seize and freeze assets involved in criminal activities. This action is conducted in accordance with Section 48 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, BE 2542. A total of 1,764 items were targeted in 25 cases, amounting to more than 515 million baht.
One notable case involves Mr. Chainat (Tu Hao) and others, who are alleged to have committed drug-related offenses, participated in transnational organized crime, and engaged in money laundering. The committee has issued an order to temporarily seize and freeze 68 items, including securities, money in bank accounts, digital assets, and investment units, with a combined value of approximately 71 million baht. It should be noted that these seized assets differ from those confiscated by the Office of the Narcotics Control Board.
In a separate case, Mr. Wutima (formerly Phrakhom) and his associates are implicated in corruption and money laundering offenses related to government contracts. The Proceedings Committee has authorized the temporary seizure and freezing of 1,512 items, including gold ornaments, jewelry, sacred objects, cars, cash, and funds in various accounts, with an estimated value of 264 million baht.
Another significant case involves Pla Carp Online Co., Ltd., accused of defrauding the public and operating an electronic gambling website called “Carp Lottery Online.” The transaction committee has ordered the temporary seizure and freezing of 10 items, including shares in the company and funds in a bank account, amounting to approximately 14 million baht.
Mrs. Ratchadapha and her accomplices are facing charges related to online gambling activities on the website wwufabet 168.info. The committee has temporarily confiscated 40 million baht in cash in connection to this case.
Mr. Sa-nga and others are implicated in a case of public fraud, with the Proceedings Committee authorizing the temporary seizure and freezing of assets, including land with buildings and funds in a bank account, totaling around 32 million baht.
Lastly, Ms. Papasiphak and others are involved in a corruption case concerning the Ingkhayut Management Camp Co., Ltd. savings cooperative. The committee has issued an order to temporarily seize and freeze 7 items, including land with buildings and funds in a bank account, valued at approximately 9 million baht.
Mr. Thepsu stated that AMLO continues to investigate and gather evidence for numerous other cases. The focus is on expanding investigations to target and freeze assets connected to criminal activities, thus disrupting the cycle of prediction crimes and depriving criminals of their financial means. If there are victims of prediction crimes, AMLO will take steps to protect their rights. Victims are encouraged to submit an application to protect their rights within 90 days, as required by law.
AMLO issued an order to seize and freeze assets related to crimes with a total of 1,764 items, 25 cases, totaling over 515 million baht.
Issara news agency (www.isranews.org) It was reported, on 9 August, 2023, that Mr. Thepsu Bowonchotdara, Secretary General of the Anti-Money Laundering Commission (AMLO Secretary General), has said that the Proceedings Committee had a meeting No. 8/2023 on August 8, 2023. The consideration has been made to seize and freeze property over turn involving the commission of an offense for not more than 90 days under Section 48 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, BE 2542, totaling 1,764 items, 25 cases, totaling more than 515 million baht, with important cases like
1. The case of Mr Chainat (Tu Hao) and others, which is a case of having committed a predicate crime related to drugs. Membership involved in transnational organized crime and money laundering crimes The transaction committee has issued an order to temporarily seize and freeze assets (more) in the amount of 53 items (securities in the securities trading account). money in the bank account Money and digital assets in a digital asset trading account And investment units in the trading account investment units with interest worth about 37 million baht and when combined with 15 items that have been ordered for confiscation and confiscation freezing (money in bank accounts) worth about 34 million baht, a total of 68 items worth about 71 million baht.
However, the action against such assets is an investigation that expands the results of the investigation into the assets. which is different from the property seized and attached by the Office of the Narcotics Control Board
2. The case of Mr. Wutima (formerly Phrakhom) and those involved in the case of committing a crime of prediction related to corruption against the views of the government. and money laundering offenses The Proceedings Committee issued an order to temporarily seize and freeze 1,512 items (gold ornaments, jewellery, sacred objects, cars, cash, money in bank accounts, and money in a cooperative savings account) with interest worth about 264 million baht.
3. The Case of Pla Carp Online Co., Ltd. against them, which is a case of presumed crimes relating to defrauding the public. and providing electronic gambling Website “Carp Lottery Online” (by the transaction committee ordered the temporary seizure and freezing of 10 items of assets (shares in a limited company) and money in a bank account) with interest worth about 14 million baht.
4. Case of Mrs. Ratchadapha and others, which is a case of prediction crimes related to the provision of gambling through electronic media on the website wwufabet 168.info, where the transaction committee has ordered the temporary confiscation of 1 item of property (cash 40 million baht ) with interest
5. The case of Mr. Sa-nga and others, which is the case of the preliminary offense in relation to
public fraud The Proceedings Committee issued an order to temporarily (additionally) seize and freeze assets.
(Land with buildings and money in a bank account with interest worth about 32 million baht
6. The case of Ms. Papasiphak and others (the case of corruption of the savings cooperative Ingkhayut Management Camp Co., Ltd.), which is a case of prediction crime related to corruption against government positions. falsification of title documents and fraud which are of a common nature The transaction committee has issued an order to temporarily seize and freeze 7 items of property (land with buildings) and money in a bank account) with interest worth about 9 million baht.
Mr. added Thepsu that the AMLO is in the process of investigating and gathering evidence for many more cases. It focuses on expanding investigations leading to the seizure and freezing of assets linked to the crime. which breaks the criminal cycle of prediction crimes and cuts off the financial path of criminals in the meantime If it appears that there is an injured person in the prediction crime, AMLO will consider proceeding to protect the injured person’s rights as well. By publishing it in the Royal Gazette for victims to submit an application to protect their rights within 90 days as required by law.
#AMLO #announces #asset #seizure #cases #million #baht #Hao #hit #million #baht