on the job Apple event “far out” In the past, Apple has revealed Apple Watch SE 2 and Apple Watch Series 8 Officially with the release iPhone 14 series And of course, the Apple Watch SE is a budget option that comes with many of the features an Apple Watch should have and has gained immense popularity over the years.
The Apple Watch Series 8 offers a feature rich experience with many additional health monitoring capabilities as well.
The Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 8 come with the S8 chip, collision detection, water resistance, an optical heart rate sensor, up to 18 hours of battery life, and more. Maybe I didn’t know that there will be a feature that is different and very important between these two devices as well^^
But with the price difference quite large, because the Series 8 Apple Watch starts at 399 US dollars. (Thailand starts at 15,900 baht) The new Apple Watch SE starts at 249 US dollars. (Or price in Thailand 9,900 baht), which model is the best?
This question was answered by the famous Apple information website MacRumors. We asked for important information about the two Apple Watch models Which model is the best fit for you? Alright, let’s get started.
Apple Watch SE
- The machine is aluminum.
- Ion-X windshield
- Color matching nylon composite back case
- Case sizes are available in 44 mm and 40 mm.
- Retina display 324 x 394 pixels, display area 759 square meters (40 mm) and 368 x 448 pixels, display area 977 square meters (44 mm).
- Second generation optical heart rate sensor
- The ability to measure menstrual cycles
- Available in Midnight, Starlight and Silver.
- Starting at $249 (Official price in Thailand 9,900 baht)
Apple Watch Series 8
- Aluminum or stainless steel casing
- Ion-X glass (aluminium) or sapphire crystal (stainless steel)
- Ceramic back, 45 mm or 41 mm case size, with edge-to-edge display. (Almost 20% more screen area than Apple Watch SE)
- Always Retina display, 352 x 430 pixels, display area 904 square meters (41 mm) or 396 x 484 pixels, display area 1143 square meters (45 mm).
- Third generation optical heart rate sensor
- Blood Oxygen Sensor and Blood Oxygen App
- Electrocardiogram sensor and temperature measuring ECG app.
- Cycle Tracking with Retrospective Ovulation Estimates (for women)
- Add U1 chip
- charge faster
- Available in Midnight, Starlight, Silver and PRODUCT (RED) (aluminium) or Silver, Graphite or Gold (stainless steel).
- Starting at $399 (aluminum) and $699 (stainless steel), or from 15,900 – 63,900 baht
Having seen all the details, let’s summarize briefly. understood as follows
Apple Watch Series 8 An improvement from the Series 7 model which is not much. such as adding a Crash Detection feature, skin temperature measurement Compared to the Apple Watch Series 8 and the new Apple Watch SE, they are equally advanced, but the Apple Watch Series8 stands out with a larger screen. Advanced health monitoring features and a wide range of select and distinctive materials that charge faster, including the Always On Display feature available only on this model and Apple Watch Ultra.
So if you can afford it with the budget you have to pay more in exchange for features that make life easier with a different design. Apple Watch Series 8 It is also an option that you can choose to buy.
If you think these features are not necessary and your budget is limited, choose Apple Watch SE The new model is still the right model for you because most of the features of the Apple Watch Series 8 are included here. Just no fast charging, Always On Display, and some health metrics, but you can get a top-of-the-line Apple Watch for a cheaper price. It’s also a good option if you’re buying an Apple Watch SE for multiple kids. or your elderly group without an iPhone
Because you can set it up through Family Setup through your iPhone to devices like Apple Watch models so it’s ready to use right away. Including those who want to upgrade the old Apple Watch without having to pay too much, Apple Watch SE is still the best solution and the best value.
The new Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 8 will be available in Thailand soon.