The cabinet meeting has approved 8 measures to reduce the cost of living for a new round of 3 months starting from July – September 2022 to help alleviate the suffering from high oil prices.
On June 21, 2022, Spring News reported that Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister and Minister of Defense revealed that the Cabinet meeting (Cabinet) approved measures to reduce the cost of living for three months starting from July. – September 2022 to help alleviate the suffering of people who are affected by high oil prices.
For the new round of cost reduction measures are as follows:
1. Freeze the retail price of NGV gas at 15.59 baht per kilogram. and giving the right to meter taxi drivers under the same breath program Gas can be purchased at a price of 13.62 baht per kilogram for 3 months from June 16 – September 15, 2022.
2. The retail sales of LPG is set at 408 baht per 15 kg tank.
3. A discount on the purchase of cooking gas 100 baht per month for street vendors who hold state welfare cards. and an increase in subsidies to buy cooking gas for holders of state welfare cards 100 baht per month
4. Gasoline assistance to motorbike taxi drivers registered with the Department of Land Transport. By reducing the cost of gasohol 250 baht per month
5. Asking for cooperation from oil traders to maintain the market value at 1.40 baht per liter
6. Requesting cooperation from the refinery in requesting to submit the difference in profit from refining both diesel and gasoline
7. Tax measures to support tourism The private sector can deduct tourism expenses, training, seminars, and organizing events in the main city with 1.5 times tax, and the secondary city is entitled to double tax (from 15 July – 31 December 2022).
8. Ask for cooperation in saving energy for both the people, entrepreneurs and the transport sector.
Thanks for the information from Spring News.