Home News Chun Doo-hwan trial ‘helicopter shooting’ witness found dead… “I suffer from aftereffects”

Chun Doo-hwan trial ‘helicopter shooting’ witness found dead… “I suffer from aftereffects”

by news dir

On the afternoon of the 23rd, mourners salute the deceased at the funeral home of the late former President Chun Doo-hwan at the funeral hall of Sinchon Severance Hospital in Seodaemun-gu, Seoul. an actor journalist

A man of merit who suffered from aftereffects after being paralyzed in the lower body after being shot by martial law forces during the May 18th Democratization Movement in Gwangju was found dead in a reservoir.

According to the Gangjin Police Station in Jeollanam-do on the 24th, a 68-year-old man was found dead by drowning in a reservoir in Gundong-myeon, Gangjin-gun, around 4 pm the day before. Police believe the cause of death is drowning and there is no suspicion of murder.

Police were searching the hometown with firefighters after receiving reports from family members that Mr. A had lost contact after leaving a suicide note at his home in Iksan, Jeollabuk-do around 4 pm on the 22nd.

In the will, it was reported that “The pain is getting worse these days. I will forget all the resentment and sadness about the 5/18.” It is known that Mr. A’s family suffered from aftereffects for the rest of his life and received painkillers injections every 4 hours.

On the 22nd, it was confirmed that A was driving 170 km from a nursing home in Iksan to the Gangjin Reservoir. As a result of closed circuit (CC) TV confirmation, it is believed that he died between the night of the 22nd and the morning of the 23rd based on the fact that a car was spotted 5 km away from the place of death around 11:15 pm on the same day.

The police will determine the exact cause of death and hand over the body to the family. It was found that the death of Mr. A was not directly related to the death of Mr. Jeon.

After completing his military service as an army enlisted person, Mr. A went home and lived as a monk at a temple in the Jogye Order, before he met May 18, 1980. When he came to Gwangju ahead of the Buddha’s birthday event, he witnessed the atrocities of the martial law forces and joined the protests and transportation of patients.

He appeared as a witness in the hearing of the Gwangju Special Committee of the National Assembly in 1988 and at the first trial of Chun Doo-hwan’s defamation of lion on May 13, 2019. He testified that he rescued a girl with a piercing wound in her shoulder and transported her to the Red Cross Hospital. Person A also complained that the lower body was paralyzed by a bullet in the spine.

Park Kyung-woo reporter


Related Articles

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.