After passing through the first 3 matches of the Nations League 2021 Thai women’s national team volleyball The world ranking score decreased as the FIVB switched to a new score-counting system. Mechanism
The International Volleyball Federation, or FIVB, officially confirms that in every match, the Nations League matches will collect the accumulated points of the World Ranking. The world rankings will play a fundamental role in the organization of qualifying and placing teams at the Olympics and World Championships. For example, at next year’s 2022 World Championships, 11 women’s teams and 12 men’s teams will qualify for the World Ranking. While the team placement in the tournament bracket will also take into account the world rankings.
The FIVB’s list of World Rankings includes the Olympic Games and Qualifiers, World Championships and Qualifiers, Nations League, Challenges Volleyball Cup, World Cup, Continental Championship and Rounds. Selection, other international programs In addition, it is considered by the FIVB to be a program organized by the continental volleyball federation. That must have at least 4 teams participating in the competition
The new world scoring principle, FIVB will focus on the performance of meeting between the teams in the past. It is also used as a coefficient in calculating the current rating. Therefore, those who will calculate easily The most accurate is that the FIVB has the following factors and methods of calculation:
Factors affecting the world ranking score
1. The original world ranking score of the two teams that met
2. Win-lose result calculated by calculating the set from the winning losing result.
3. Statistics that have been met by both teams are considered probability values.
4. Importance of the item
How to calculate the world ranking score
Match score = (Win-Loss Coefficient – Expected Result Coefficient) x (Significance of Match.)
(SSV) (EMR) 8
Importance of the matches set by the FIVB
SSV or Set Score Variant Is the coefficient of winning losses
EMR or Expected Match Result Is the expected result coefficient
This is derived from the use of the old statistics of the two teams that had lost and won in various formats (3-0, 3-1, 3-2 sets) calculated through the statistics using the standard deviation ** F IVB will have collected statistics for each team meeting. Only the FIVB can calculate this, since it holds all the statistics.)
Give examples of the expected coefficients of Brazil and Japan.
When this result is obtained, multiply it with (Match importance)
All completed will be combined with the original World Rank score to earn that team’s net score at the end of the match.
– The team wins more, the team loses points, the points are calculated immediately after the end of every match.
– Teams with a higher world ranking and a better old record than their opposition teams with lower world rankings. Will get more points that are not as much as the losing team, the reward points will be reduced not much
– At the same time, the team with the lower world rank And have a worse statistic But won the team with the higher world rank The score will be greatly increased.