Publication date: August 16, 2023
We regret to inform our valued customers that the recent Typhoon No. 7 has severely disrupted our mobile phone service. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
1. Date and Time
Continuing since August 15, 2023 (Tuesday) at approximately 8:00 am.
2. Affected Areas
The following areas have been impacted by the typhoon:
- Mie Prefecture: Tsu City, Owase City, Kumano City, Iga City, Taiki Town, Watarai District, Kihoku Town, Kitamuro District
- Wakayama Prefecture: Tanabe City, Katsuragi Town, Ito District, Higashimuro District (Nachikatsuura Town, Kushimoto Town)
- Tottori Prefecture: Tottori City, Yazu-cho, Yazu-gun
We are pleased to inform you that the following areas have been restored:
- Kameyama City, Mie Prefecture
- Minamiise Town, Watarai District
- Shingu City, Wakayama Prefecture
- Kozagawa Town, Higashimuro District
For a recovery area map, please refer to our website.
3. Services Covered and Impact
The following services are currently unavailable or experiencing difficulties:
- Mobile phone service
- House phone
- MVNO using SoftBank line
Emergency calls may also be affected.
The disruptions are primarily due to power outages caused by the typhoon.
5. Information for Customers
- For voice calls, including emergencies, please use landlines, public phones, or mobile phones from other carriers.
- Customers using the “secondary line service” are advised to switch lines. For more information, please visit our website.
- Utilize data communication in Wi-Fi environments such as home Wi-Fi or free public Wi-Fi.
For disaster relief measures and the Disaster Message Board, visit our website.
6. Contact Information
For customer inquiries:
- Mobile: 157 (from SoftBank mobile phones) / Toll-Free: 0800-919-0157 (Reception hours: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm)
- For SoftBank Air and Home Phone inquiries: Toll-Free: 0800-1111-820
That concludes our update.
Publication date: August 16, 2023
Thank you for using SoftBank.
Due to the impact of Typhoon No. 7, our mobile phone service is unavailable or difficult to use.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to our customers.
1 .date and time
August 15, 2023 (Tuesday) Continuous from about 8:00 am
2 .field of influence
Some of the areas below are affected.
Mie Prefecture Tsu City, Owase City, Kumano City, Iga City, Taiki Town, Watarai District, Kihoku Town, Kitamuro District
Wakayama Prefecture Tanabe City, Katsuragi Town, Ito District, Higashimuro District (Nachikatsuura Town, Kushimoto Town)
Tottori Prefecture Tottori City, Yazu-cho, Yazu-gun
The following areas have been restored.
Kameyama City, Mie Prefecture, Minamiise Town, Watarai District
Shingu City, Wakayama Prefecture, Kozagawa Town, Higashimuro District
Click here for a recovery area map (for PC)
Click here for a map of the recovery area (for smartphones)
3. Services covered and impact
・ Mobile phone service
・ House phone
・MVNO using Softbank line
The above call services (voice calls, data communication, SMS) are currently unavailable or difficult to use.
*Emergency calls cannot be used or are difficult to use.
Power outages due to typhoons, etc.
5. Information for customers
・ For voice calls such as emergency calls, use land lines, public phones, mobile phones of other carriers, etc.
・ Customers using the “secondary line service” are asked to change lines.
Please refer to the KDDI website for the communication status of the “secondary line service”. See here for the installation method.
・ Use data communication in a Wi-Fi environment such as your home Wi-Fi or free public Wi-Fi.
Click here for disaster relief measures
■Click here for a Disaster Message Board
■ Inquiries from customers
From mobile: 157 toll free: 0800-919-0157
(Reception hours: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm)
Free call: 0800-1111-820
#Effaith #trychinebIn #relation #situations #mobile #phone #services #difficult #due #effects #Typhoon #800am #August #Smartphones #mobile #phones #Softbank