Doctor Chalermchai reveals information about Long Covid, what is it and how is it important to children? It was found that the average life was 2 – 3 months.
By stating “What is Long Covid and how is it important to children? Especially during the start of vaccination in children aged 5 years and older.
A new wave of coronavirus situation around the world It was found that the infected group had a higher rate, respectively. Children under 12 years of age are down because they are not vaccinated. As a result, countries around the world are interested in speeding up vaccination for children 5-11 years old, including Thailand.
The Thai authorities have announced a clear policy to encourage children aged 5-11 to be vaccinated from February 1, 2022 (voluntarily), raising many questions for parents. about the safety or side effects of vaccines on children Just like what happened before During the vaccination period for schoolchildren aged 12-17 in the past several months Because all parents will love their children. and will always be more cautious of the impact on children than themselves Therefore, it is necessary to look at the information in its entirety. to weigh one more time as in the past
1) The vaccine given to children this time is Pfizer, which is officially approved abroad. and has been approved by the Thai FDA One-third the dose given to older children and adults is 10 micrograms.
2) Children are more susceptible to COVID than adults. due to lack of caution including wearing a hygienic mask is less disciplined than adults
3) Children when infected with COVID will have few symptoms Less than 2% of hospital stays, less than 0.03% of deaths.
4) Covid already infected Even after recovery, there is a part that has a chronic consequences for many months called Long Covid, so it is imperative that we come to understand about Long Covid in children.
Long Covid is also known as Chronic Covid or Covid Long Hauler. resulting from the collection Information of a pediatric doctor and an infectious disease doctor found that among the children which actually includes adults as well when recovered from covids by normal lung x-ray Normal blood test, no more virus But it appears that the disorder has continued for several months.
It has compiled 14 important research reports together. There are 19,426 children gathered are children and youth in high-income countries. The duration of symptoms ranged from 4 weeks to 5 months, and the number of children experiencing symptoms ranged from 4 to 66% (varies by study). together with
-have a headache
-can not sleep
– Poor concentration
– muscle pain, joint pain
– Nasal congestion, chronic runny nose
– chronic cough
– tight chest
– weight loss
The Long Covid study also had limitations on how long it should be followed. And the symptoms were still lacking in comparison with the non-COVID control group. However, such symptoms do exist. It was found that the average life was 2 – 3 months.
Initially, we had little knowledge of Long Covid, but over time began to find more clarity and found the percentage increasing sequentially Therefore, it is an important fact. for parents to use in consideration of weighing Between potential Long Covid infections and potential side effects of vaccination It would have to use the discretion of each family in the future.”
Image courtesy of TNN Online/Reuters.