Mo Yong explains Data on all four types of COVID-19 vaccines, explaining how they are made, side effects seen and others that are relevant, e.g. higher immunity mRNA vaccine. inactivated vaccine
Today (28 June 2021), Dr. Yong Phuworawan (Mor Yong), head of the Center specializes in clinical virology. Department of Pediatrics Faculty of Medicine Chulalongkorn University posted a description of Information on all four types of COVID-19 vaccines
The content of the post is as follows.
1. All vaccines in use and approved by the World Health Organization can significantly reduce disease severity and mortality.
2. Vaccines still do not completely protect against viral infections. Once vaccinated, one must continue to follow a new lifestyle to prevent the spread of disease.
3. The world’s population is 7 billion people, the need for vaccines is very high to end this epidemic. Or will have to give vaccines to at least 5 billion people or 10 billion doses, now just joined 3 billion doses, 1 in 3 injections in China. And most of them are in wealthy countries, making the current vaccine scarcity.
4. Vaccines today are divided into four forms: inactivated germs, protein subunits, vector viruses and mRNA, arranged according to technology from old to new. Inactivated technology has been in use for more than 50 years, and mRNA is the first vaccine used in humans.
5. Inactivated sepsis will have local side effects such as soreness, swelling, redness at the injection site and systemic symptoms such as fever. when tired Rare and less common than viruses, vectors and mRNA and other severe symptoms. such as VITT thrombosis in Virus Vector and TTP, thrombocytopenia. Myocarditis associated with mRNA vaccine
6. The immune level of mRNA and virus vector is higher than that of the dead plant and protein subunit.
7. The vaccine’s immunity level is exponential. (Exponential), so there are many differences in people. For example, some people get tens. Some people get hundreds Some people get thousands Some people get tens of thousands so we don’t use that This person had an immunity ten times or a hundred times higher than this person. In the laboratory testing of immunity We will dilute the lymph to ten, a hundred, a thousand times. In the case of high immunity, for example, hepatitis B virus Use the lowest level to prevent disease, just 10. Vaccinating some people up to the hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands have also encountered, as well as measuring the viral load in patients (Viral Load) is used as a Log scale. But most of the time when going up, it will go down very quickly. The body will not keep If you keep the Globulin level very high, it will be depleted as a reserve. And when germs come in, they will mobilize quickly as if they have a memory or already trained. But due to COVID-19 It has a short incubation period, making it incomplete protection against infection. But it can prevent violence or death.
8. Currently, there is no norm that any degree of immunity can prevent disease. Therefore, immunity measurements are used to compare with those who have recovered from the disease. whether the immunity created by the vaccine is equal to or higher than the immunity that has been recovered from the disease
9. People who have recovered from the disease have very different levels of immunity. In the mild, the immunity is lower than in those who have severe symptoms or have pneumonia or pneumonia or who have a longstanding high fever.
10. Subunit protein vaccines act like hepatitis B virus Make proteins in viral spikes The important point is the use of an immune stimulant called Adjuvant. Because this protein spike is large, we can see that Novavax vaccine that Thai people often talk about and want to use. But the US Food and Drug Administration is not yet certifying it is pending. This is because a new adjuvant immune stimulant that has not yet been used in humans is called Matrix M, derived from the bark of the molina tree. The Chinese itself developed it but requires three doses, as is the case with the hepatitis B virus, which is 0, 1, 6 months, which is a waste of time to stimulate immunity quickly
Continue following the next day.
Source of news : Facebook Page – Dr. Yong Phuworawan
Can follow the news of COVID-19 More here: COVID-19 news