Final Stats (.html) Final Stats (.pdf) | Postgame Notes | Postgame Quotes Multimedia Photo gallery
THE FLATS – Georgia Tech from two quarters took up a fourth quarter deficit to implement overtime but Jacob Godek, a 37 yard field goal, took Jacob Godek, the Citadel, on a 27-24 win over the Yellow Jackets on Saturday afternoon. Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Georgia Tech (1-2) led 14-6 at half-time and 21-14 after three quarters but met for 10 points in the last period, including a 34 yard goal field. Brenton King as the time expires, to send the game to overtime at 24-24.
Unfortunately for the Yellow Jackets, there was no good with their 46-yard field effort at the end of the first overtime, which enabled the Citadel (1-2) the game to win a 37-yard Godek.
The main stories of the game for Georgia Tech were penalties (eight of 80 yards after only paying four penalties through two games) and the third downs (the Citadel made a 8-to-16 third conversion). USF Tech limited just 4- of-15 last Saturday, but conversely, the Jackets changed only 3-of-9 attempts at first.
Sophomore directed Georgia Tech backwards Jordan Mason, which took place 11 times for 78 yards (7.1 avg.) and two bridges, and a receiver around the country Jamal Camp, who took two passports for 62 yards, including the first landing of his profession from 33 yards out.
Protective, junior linebacker David Curry He led each person with 14. He also intervened for the same time available to both teams.
Georgia Tech returns on Saturday, 28 September when he visits the Temple (2-0).
Jordan Mason stretches across the target line for one of his two strikes.
- Georgia Tech fell to 1-2 on the season. The Citadel moved to 1-2.
- The loss was the first time Georgia Tech lost from losing 28-14 to Duke on October 13 the last season, and it is going through a triumphant home strike through a game.
- The loss was Georgia Tech initially with the Citadel.
- Georgia Tech lost to NCAA Division in FCS (formerly I-AA Division) for the first time since it lost 17-14 to Furman on September 17, 1983.
- 5 penalties were imposed on Georgia Tech from 55 yards in the first half but only 3 penalties were imposed for 25 yards in the second half.
- A week after the USF Georgia Tech was firstly limited to the 4th-15th downs, the Citadel tried a third-on-16 convert.
- Georgia Tech 6-9 is always in overtime games. Saturday's game was the second overtime competition in its three domestic matches (prev.: 30-27 won by Virginia, November 17, 2018).
- With a 19-yard run to the Citadel 6 yard line during the first drives of the game played at Georgia Tech, So. QB Tobias Oliver it became an eighth quarter and 50th overall player in program history and 1,000 rushing career yard. Oliver was successful in the 15 thingsth his career game.
- PUNT David Curry there were 14 high careers (prev.: 7 at North Carolina, November 3, 2018).
- Curry's second task was the second quarter of his career (prev.: Bowling Green, September 29, 2018).
- R-So. DB Kaleb Oliver (7) and So. PUNT Quez Jackson (7) also set career positions for combat (prev.: Oliver – 6 at Clemson, August 29, 2019; Jackson – 4 vs Green Bowling, September 29, 2018).
- QB Lucas Johnson Adjoining 33-yard pass to Sr. WR Camp Jalen in the third quarter it was the first landing pass of Johnson's occupation and the first reception that he brought forward to Camp's career.
- PK Wesley Wells' PAT lost the first lost craic. Previously it was 50-for-50's kick efforts in his career (9-for-9 on field goals, 41-for-41 on PATs).
- Georgia Tech So. DL Kelton Dawson and Fr. DL K. Chimedza whose first career begins.
.Leave a comment