Florida Man took Cocaine and Ate Puffer Fish Liver, which came up in Intensive Care

Florida Man took Cocaine and Ate Puffer Fish Liver, which came up in Intensive Care

A Florida man was placed in the hospital after he and his grandmother were eating a potentially fatal buffalo fish. The 43-year-old man gave an anonymous visit to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in southern Florida, suffering from vomiting and stomach pains.

Her two feet gone numb, he felt weak, and he was struggling to talk and stay awake. His breasts had broken pain that he suffered as he rushed, his doctors wrote BMJ Case Reports.

Hospital staff learned that the liver liver fish ate puffer four hours before coming to the hospital. Three days in advance, he had also served canned food and cocaine.

The patient's grandmother had a dizziness and weakness in her lower body, eating a smaller amount of fish.

The pair was poisoned tetrodotoxin, Strong chemicals are about 1,200 times more toxic to human than cyanide. The poison has no antidote known, which primarily mitigates in the liver and the ovaries of the fish. Instead, physicians can only give respiratory support to patients until tetrodotoxin leaves the body through urine.

As the man's condition deteriorated, medics put down his throat to protect his airways, and he was introduced into the Intensive Care Unit. Poisoning was due to acute respiratory failure – when the lungs stop oxygenation and remove carbon dioxide from the content. Her blood pressure was high high, and her kidneys stopped working properly.

fish stock saved
Puffer fish, like the fish that a man ate in Florida, floating in the ocean in the picture.
Getty

According to his doctors, the patient had chronic kidney disease and Hypertension.

Finally, the patient came back from respiratory failure. But he did not cure his kidneys, and he still depends on dialysis.

Puffer fish It is considered a delicacy in Japan, where only a highly trained and licensed chef can be called the dish fugu, protect the owners from the potentially fatal consequences.

Drunkness means lips and biased language, headaches, vomiting, muscle weakness and loss of coordination. In some cases, patients die from respiratory and / or heart failure. Symptoms usually show between 30 minutes and six hours after the poison is ingested. In one case in Japan, a man died two hours after eating puffer fish.

The authors noted the latest BMJ Reports puffer fish rare in southern Florida, but the dangerous food could be available at underground markets.

They also noted that this particular case was "exciting" because not only did the man drink puffer fish, but canned food and cocaine "made the diagnoses more diverse and interesting."

In the main, poisoning occurs in countries where people are not aware of the dangers of them puffer fish or how to prepare it. In 2008, for example, 95 people across the three areas were ill after consuming the fish in Bangladesh, the authors wrote. Of those, 14 died. And in 2014, two people in Minneapolis became ill after buying them puffer fish from a street vendor.

The authors concluded: "There is much to explore in relation to this powerful power paralysis toxin before commercial use. So far, we will deny the public to refrain from exhaustion of the fatal workmanship called & # 39;fugu. ""

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.