Florida woman dies from eating meat bacteria after she visits Manatee's popular beach

Florida woman dies from eating meat bacteria after she visits Manatee's popular beach

A woman of Florida who received meat eating bacteria in the Gulf of Mexico in Manatee County died only a week and a half after her injury.

Lynn Fleming's family, 77, said the grandmother was visiting Coquina Beach when she wrote her left leg in the water.

A day after his cut, Fleming became ill and eventually went to a hospital where they gave her a tetanus shot and a recipe. However, her family says she has never been given antibiotics.

"You heard one or two times, a meat eating disease, that type goes on, but you wouldn't think that would happen to you," said her son, Wade Fleming.

The official diagnosis was Fasciitis Necrotizing, the infection known as the common food eating bacteria.

According to the CDC, Fasciitis Necrotizing is rare, but people with immune systems are more difficult to fight the infection.

Unusual disease signifies eating meat; Indiana on vacation in Florida

Eating-food bacteria infects a man of Florida from Palm Harbor coast in the Gulf of Mexico

Fleming said that his mother had retired in Florida, and that she loved the ocean.

The grandmother visited the beach on 14 June and died 13 days later.

Wade shares her story because he wants people to recognize the symptoms, and needs proper care.

“If we can give people the information, even for the first responders, emergency care, the lifeguard station, so they can get more education,” he said.

The CDC says that one in three people who eat food will die.

WHAT IS THAT?

Necrotizing neptosis is an infection that can be detected from numerous bacteria, one of which is vulnificus vibrio, which is considered to be rare in Florida, according to Florida Health Department.

VIBRIO VULNIFICUS:

Professors at the University of South Florida tell us that vulnificus vibrio in hot water succeeds, but it is best to assume that it is always in the water as it is natural.

The only infection resulting from vibrio vulnificus is Necotizing Fasciitis.

Vibrio can be in any water, but the less salt there is so it is more common in Tampa Bay than in the Gulf of Mexico.

It is more common in March through December.

HOW TO CASES?

Florida Health Department vulnificus vibrio tracks – in 2018, there were 42 cases with nine deaths.

The state agency does not test waterways for vibrio, but they test cultures from people diagnosed with the bacteria.

WHO CAN GET?

There are a number of factors to play in acquiring vibrio, but some of these include immune individuals with chronic chronic disease, kidney disease or weakened immune systems, according to the DOH.

HOW CAN I GET?

People who have weakened immune systems with open cuts, or wounds can get vibrio, but are rare.

Florida Health Department issued a Monday evening statement that they had not been notified of any necrotizing fasciitis.

In an e-mail, a spokesperson wrote, “at the moment, we do not have personal information about any case relating to the fastening of fasciitis described in the media.”

.

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.