newsdirectory3

France’s new coronavirus cases reach 370,000… Another record high in six days (total)

Lines in front of pharmacies in Paris, France to be tested for COVID-19

[AP=연합뉴스. 재판매 및 DB 금지]

(Paris = Yonhap News) Correspondent Hyeran Hyun = The spread of the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19) led by the Omicron mutation in France is not slowing down.

France’s Ministry of Health reported on the 11th (local time) that 368,149 people had tested positive for the new coronavirus.

With this, France’s record for the highest number of new confirmed cases of COVID-19 changed in six days from 332,252 on the 5th.

Health Minister Olivier Verand said earlier in the Senate that it was on the same scale as a tsunami not seen since the COVID-19 pandemic.

On that day, 268 people contracted COVID-19 and died, and the number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized rose to 25,389.

As the number of patients receiving treatment in the intensive care unit is approaching 4,000, the pressure on hospitals is increasing, Minister Berang explained.

He also urged people to get vaccinated to avoid radical measures such as lockdowns and lockdowns in public facilities.

In France, it is estimated that 92% of the population aged 12 and over have had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, with the remaining 8% unvaccinated at around 5 million.

France has 12,573,263 cumulative confirmed cases of COVID-19, the fifth highest in the world, and the 12th highest in the world with 126,59 deaths.

[email protected]

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending