● Honda LPGA Thailand 2023 marks another great 16th year. Emphasizing that the longest running tournament in South East Asia. This year has increased the total number of golfers taking part in the tournament to 72, led by the top 4 female golfers in the world, Lydia Konelli, Korda, Minjee Lee and Atthaya Thitikul, to compete for the higher prize money to 1.7 million US. dollars (approx. 62 million baht*) plus special prizes from Honda For the first hole-in-one on the 16th hole, Honda Accord model e: HEV e: HEV TECH worth 1,799,000 baht, with the competition returning to the field open It is expected that there will be audiences from all over the world joining in to cheer and encourage golfers on the edge of the course. It is planned to be held on February 23-26, 2023 at Siam Country Club Old Course, Chonburi Province.
Pitak Pruittisarikorn (3rd from left), Chairman of the Board of Directors of Honda Automobile (Thailand) Manawara Petchpalakorn (2nd from left), General Manager of Marketing and General Manager of Corporate Relations Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co, Ltd Winnie Heng (2nd from right), senior vice president and managing director of IMG Services (Thailand) Co, Ltd together with Jean-Athaya Thitikul (left), Wins the Rookie of the Year award and is the second Thai golfer to make history as number one the world. and Piano-Apichaya Yubol (right), 2023 guest golfer, announcing the readiness of the women’s golf tournament “Honda LPGA Thailand 2023” from February 23-26, 2023 in Siam Country. Reclub Old Course, Chonburi Province Win a prize of 1.7 million US dollars or about 62 million baht, plus a special prize, an exclusive Honda Accord e:HEV e:HEV TECH model, worth 1,799,000 baht.
● Mr. Pitak Pruittisarikorn The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd. said “We are ready to welcome back golfers and golf fans from all over the world with another full-scale tournament. This year, the number of participants has increased to 72 and the list of golfers is as outstanding as every year. Madsen, the 2022 Honda LPGA Thailand champion, who will return to defend world number one golfer Lydia Ko. including Nelly-Jessica Korda’s two brothers with Minzy Lee, Brooke Henderson and Nasa Hataoka.”
● “Additionally, fans will be able to applaud 11 Thai female golfers who took part in the competition in their hometowns, including young Thai and Chinese golfers Atthaya Thitikul, the 2022 Rookie of the Year Award and the youngest female golfer from the country Thais are taking over the world. No. Meow-Pajaree Anannarukarn, Patty-Paphankorn Thawatthanakit, along with two beloved Thai siblings, Mo-Moriya and Mae-Ariya Jutanugarn Waen-Phananong Petlum, including guest golfers Jae Wichanee Meechai Wan Jaravee Boonchan Proud Chanetti Wannarayan P a Simiano Yupanich Proud Chanetti Wannasaaren P. Wongtaweelap Champion of Honda LPGA Thailand 2023 National Qualifiers.
● Jean-Athaya Thitikul A 19-year-old golfer from Thailand who won the Rookie of the Year Award and was the second Thai golfer to make history as world No. 2. “This tournament is a very special experience for Thai golfers. China has been watching the program since the age of 9 and participated in this tournament as a guest athlete for the first time in 2017. This year, it will return to play in this stadium for the 5th time and will continue to improve his form. continuously and intend to do their best for the Thai fans to be proud of and hope to contribute to passing on inspiration to the new generation Just as China was inspired by Honda LPGA Thailand.”
● Lydia Ko World’s best female golfer 2022 LPGA Tour Player of the Year Award Looking forward to returning to compete at Siam Country Club’s Old Course again “I love competing in Thailand. Honda LPGA Thailand will be my first LPGA Tour event to open my season. This time I intend to do my best. Thank you to the sponsors and organizations that organize the competition every year.”
Piano – Apichaya Yubol
● Nelly Korda who won the Pelican Women’s Championship last year will return to compete for the first time since 2019, she said “I’m very pleased to be back playing in Asia. Looking forward to doing my best. And hopefully Honda LPGA Thailand will be part of the success of this 2023 season.”
● Dr. Nittaya Kerdchantuk Director of the Professional Sports Commission Sports Authority of Thailand “Supporting sport at all levels is important. Because seeing potential athletes show their skills on the competition field is really an inspiration for new athletes to be brave enough to follow their dreams. It is a great pleasure. which has seen the steady growth of golfers and golf fans in Thailand Sports Authority of Thailand Thank you for the dedication of Honda IMG and its sponsors and partners to promote and elevate the golf industry. along with promoting the country’s tourism industry.”
● About preparing for the event. Miss Winnie Heng Senior Vice President and Managing Director of IMG Thailand said “We expect that this year Thai and foreign golf fans will come together to cheer on the edge of the field. We are ready to welcome you with activities from sponsorship booths, fun games, golf trials and fundraising for charities such as Chip-4-Charity and Beat The Pro as well as restaurants. And many souvenirs for golf fans to enjoy throughout the 4 days during the tournament I would like to invite golf fans to invite their friends and family to come and experience an impressive experience in a first class tournament together.”
● In addition to tournaments, there are projects. “Road to Honda LPGA Thailand” in conjunction with the Sports Authority of Thailand which aims to promote the sustainable growth and development of the golf industry in Thailand, including the Honda LPGA Thailand 2023 National Qualifiers, the Young Ambassador Program and Junior Golf Clinic activities, as well as social activities. Raised money for the registration fee from the National Qualifiers competition to buy equipment and medical equipment to donate to Ban Tan Man Health Promotion Hospital, Pong District, Chonburi Province, and used the proceeds from the auction of souvenirs from athletes from Noson activities Charitable to donate to the Siriraj Foundation
● The Honda LPGA Thailand 2023 competition is now on sale on the website. hondalpgathailand.com Spectators under 16 and over 60 can enter for free. There are also privileges for credit card holders. Bangkok Bank You can get an additional 10% discount on all payments for tickets to the competition through the website. and at Siam Country Club Old Course, Chonburi Province
● Can follow live broadcasts via PPTV HD Channel 36 throughout the 4 days of the competition. and an online platform www.pptvhd36.com Including Facebook, YouTube and the station’s application.
● Ticket details and latest news about the competition at hondalpgathailand.com or follow via facebook.com/lpgaThailand and Instagram www.instagram.com/hondalpgathailand ●
*Note: Currency values from October 2022
About Honda LPGA Thailand
● The Honda LPGA Thailand Women’s Golf Tournament has been held since 2006 as the only LPGA tournament in Thailand that has been held for over 16 years. The 2023 tournament brings together 72 of the world’s best golfers, including 12 guest golfers, competing for a prize pool of over $1.7 million. This tournament is also considered as a launching pad for many young Thai golfers. It also plays an important role in promoting Thailand as a world-class golf tourism destination.
● Honda LPGA Thailand is organized and published by IMG The main sponsors are Asian Honda Motor Co, Ltd and Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd. Courtesy of Ministry of Tourism and Sports Sports Authority of Thailand National Sports Development Fund and Tourism Authority of Thailand Sponsors are Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, Betagro Public Company Limited, EVA Air, Daikin Industries (Thailand) Company Limited, Siam GS Sales Company Limited , Golf Trust and Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) ●