AIDS sexually transmitted disease that people all over the world fear A serious disease that still has no cure. This seems to be the best way to solve the root of the problem right now.
Today, The Thaiger will take everyone to know AIDS and how to prevent it. To make everyone aware of this terrible disease, on December 1, 2022, World AIDS Day is about protecting yourself and your loved ones.
Get to know AIDS
AIDS or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS: Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is caused by a viral infection called Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The HIV virus destroys white blood cells which are responsible for creating immunity. causing infected patients to have lower immunity Until the body can no longer resist germs, various diseases (also known as opportunistic diseases) can easily worsen such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, infection in the blood system, fungi, etc., and ultimately causing the death of the patient.
strain of AIDS
AIDS has a lot of stress. The main original species is
- HIV-1 (HIV-1) which spreads in the United States, Europe and Central Africa
- HIV-2 (HIV-2) Widely found in West Africa.
How is AIDS transmitted?
1. Having sex with an AIDS patient without using a condom Male to male, female to female, or male to female. is the channel natural or unnatural Everyone has a chance to risk catching this terrible disease. from the Department of Epidemiology States that 83 percent of people infected with AIDS are infected through sexual intercourse
2. Blood Infection The chances of getting AIDS can be seen in 2 cases:
- Use a syringe or syringe. Along with people infected with AIDS, it is often found in intravenous drug users.
- receiving blood from surgery or to treat certain blood diseases But now the blood donated is tested for AIDS first So, it is almost 100% safe.
3. Mother-to-child contact Born from a mother who has AIDS and passes it on to her baby. during pregnancy, during birth, and after birth Currently, there are ways to prevent mother-to-child transmission of AIDS. by taking antiviral drugs during pregnancy can reduce the risk of contracting AIDS to just 8 percent
He can be contacted by other means as well. But the chances are very small.
- Sharing sharp objects with AIDS patients without cleaning
- Ear piercing using ear piercing needles with AIDS patients
- Skin tattooing or eyebrow tattooing
The method is contact by blood contact. or lymph directly But the chance of contracting AIDS through this method requires an open wound. And the amount of blood or lymph that enters the body must be large.
How to prevent AIDS
- Use a condom every time you have sex.
- one lover having only one sexual partner
- Before getting married or having children, you should have a physical examination, a blood test, and get AIDS advice from a doctor first.
- refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages and refrain from using all types of drugs
Exercise for AIDS patients
those infected with AIDS can use everyday life normally You should take care of your health. You shouldn’t worry too much. Who, if no complications are found, will be able to continue living for many more years with the following habits:
- eat healthy food so that the body can receive nutrients as a whole
- keep healthy with regular exercise
- avoid sex or if having sex Always protect yourself by using a condom. because this method will
- prevent the infection and spread of AIDS to others
- peace of mind, relaxation, meditation, not stress
- If you are a woman, you should not get pregnant. Because AIDS can spread from mother to child up to 30 percent.
References – 1, 2