Home News “If you oppose it, you’re an idiot”… 55% of the people “Lee Jae-myung’s land ownership tax is inappropriate”

“If you oppose it, you’re an idiot”… 55% of the people “Lee Jae-myung’s land ownership tax is inappropriate”

by news dir

Enter 2021-11-24 16:38 | Edited 2021-11-24 17:09

▲ Lee Jae-myung, Democratic Party presidential candidate. ⓒNew Daily

On the 24th, the results of a public opinion poll showing that the new ‘land tenure tax’, which was promoted by Democratic Party presidential candidate Lee Jae-myung as a major real estate policy, was inappropriate, was released on the 24th.

Lee’s land tenure tax “appropriate” 36.4% vs “inappropriate” 55.0%

In a survey conducted by Realmeter on the 22nd and 23rd by YTN for 1,011 people aged 18 and over nationwide, 38.4% of respondents answered ‘Do you think the land ownership tax proposed by Lee is appropriate as one of the real estate policies?’ Not appropriate at all’ and 16.6% answered ‘not very appropriate’, and a total of 55.0% answered ‘not appropriate’.

In particular, the 2030 generation had the highest rate of negative responses. By age, 62.0% aged 18 to 29, 62.0% in their 30s, and 60.2% over 60. By region, Daegu and Gyeongbuk (65.3%), Busan, Ulsan, and Gyeongnam (60.8%), and Daejeon, Chungcheong, and Sejong (60.2%) had the most inappropriate views.

36.4% answered ‘appropriately’. ‘Very appropriate’ was 22.5% and ‘Slightly appropriate’ was 13.8%. The other ‘don’t know’ was 8.6%. By age, respondents in their 40s (47.2%) and 50s (43.2%) answered that it was appropriate. Gwangju and Jeolla (62.1%) regions also had a high percentage of positive responses.

尹 Tax reform plan “appropriate” 53.3% vs “inappropriate” 39.4%

53.3% of the respondents answered that the ‘incorporation of the current tax on property tax or exempting it for single-family homeowners’ proposed by Candidate Seok-yeol Yoon, the People’s Power, was appropriate. ‘Very appropriate’ 35.8% and ‘Slightly appropriate’ 17.5%. On the other hand, 24.7% of ‘not at all appropriate’ and 14.7% of ‘not very appropriate’ answered that it was not appropriate, with a total of 39.4%.

By age, those in their 30s (62.5%) and those over 60 (58.0%) answered that it was appropriate. In addition, Daejeon/Chungcheong/Sejong (64.8%), Daegu/Gyeongbuk (59.1%), and Seoul (57.8%) had a high rate of affirmative answers. On the other hand, the response of inappropriate was relatively higher among those in their 40s (50.8%) and Gwangju and Jeolla (57.5%).

Candidate Lee previously announced plans to pay all tax revenue as basic income by introducing a land ownership tax. Candidate Lee asserted, “It is foolish to play with malicious media and corrupt political forces to oppose the basic income land tax (land tenure tax) for fear of losing money by not being in the top 10% of land ownership.”

Candidate Yoon suggested, “If I become president, I will completely reconsider the property tax.

This study was conducted as an automated answering telephone survey (ARS) using a structured questionnaire. The subjects were selected at a rate of 90% wireless and 10% wired. The weighting values ​​were calculated and applied in a proportional allocation extraction method according to the population composition by gender, age group, and region. The final response rate was 4.9%. The sampling error is ±3.1%p at the 95% confidence level.

For a detailed overview and results of the opinion poll, please refer to the website of the National Election Opinion Survey Deliberation Committee.





Related Articles

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.