Home Business “Intensifying the focus of wealth…Promoting according to the principle of ‘300 million’ based on large shareholders”

“Intensifying the focus of wealth…Promoting according to the principle of ‘300 million’ based on large shareholders”

by news dir

In order to reinforce the taxation of capital income in terms of wealth redistribution and tax equity, it was argued that the standard for stock transfer tax major shareholders should be reduced to less than 300 million won.

Rep. Jang Hye-young (Jeong Eui-dang) analyzed the data submitted by the National Tax Service on the 3rd and said, “The share of the top 1% high earners in interest and dividend income in the last four years has increased, and the share in earned and consolidated income has decreased.” He pointed out that the bias of wealth in capital income is serious.”

According to the IRS’s 2015-2018 interest, dividend, earned, and integrated income percentile data, in the case of interest income, the top 1% and high income earners accounted for 43% → 46% in the total over four years, and 72% → 73% in dividend income. Increased to.

The top 10% of high-income earners account for 91% of interest income and 94% of dividend income.

On the other hand, in earned and consolidated income, the share of high earners is low. In the case of earned income, the top 1% and high earners account for 9% of total income, and the top 10% make up 37-38%.

The share of the top 1% of consolidated income has increased from 9% to 11% in 4 years, but in 2018 it has decreased by 1%p. The share of the top 10% fell from 40% in 2017 to 37% in 2018.

Rep. Chang attributed this to a large increase in the income of the lower income brackets. Over the past four years, the proportion of the bottom 50% increased from 12% to 15% in earned income and from 12% to 16% in consolidated income.

Rep. Chang said, “In the case of capital income, the trend toward wealth is intensifying as the days go by.” “The taxation on capital income should be strengthened to promote the redistribution of wealth, and to achieve tax equity with other incomes such as earned income. Insisted.

Accordingly, he urged to pursue a plan to lower the standard for stock transfer tax to 300 million won in principle.

.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.