James Faulkner banned from PSL for life; Pak board rejects allegations of non-payment PCB denied non-payment allegations James Faulkner banned for life from PSL

Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has banned Australian cricketer James Faulkner for life after he withdrew from the Pakistan Super League (PSL) for allegedly failing to pay contract money. Faulkner’s withdrawal came as the PSL entered its final season of the seventh season.

The PCB and the franchise Quetta Gladiators said in a joint statement that the player was saying “baseless things”.

The PCB released a detailed statement describing the actor’s misconduct, including throwing his bat and personal belongings, causing damage to the hotel and mistreating immigration officials at the airport. The PCB said that 70 per cent of the money was handed over to the player and the general procedure was to pay the remaining 30 per cent within 40 days after the tournament.

Faulkner has scored 49 runs and taken six wickets in six games for the Gladiators this season. Faulkner took to Twitter to apologize to Pakistan cricket fans for withdrawing from the league due to differences with the PCB.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.