Korean Customer Suffers Food Poisoning from Bleach-Contaminated Water at Luxury Restaurant in Japan

Korean Customer Allegedly Served Bleach-Laced Water at High-End Japanese Restaurant

In a shocking incident at a luxury restaurant in Japan, a Korean customer was hospitalized after allegedly being served water mixed with bleach. The incident, which occurred in Tokyo’s bustling Ginza district, has raised concerns about discrimination.

The incident took place on the 31st of last month, when the Korean customer, known as Mr. A, visited the restaurant with his husband. After ordering their meal, Mr. A requested a glass of water without ice to quench his thirst. However, upon taking a sip, he immediately noticed a peculiar smell emanating from the water.

Suspecting something was amiss, Mr. A alerted the staff, who discreetly attempted to take the cup without uttering a word. Unsettled by their behavior, Mr. A’s husband decided to investigate further. He approached the restaurant’s kitchen, where an employee admitted to mistakenly pouring bleach water from a nearby stainless steel bottle into Mr. A’s cup.

Distressed and experiencing burning sensations in his throat, Mr. A attempted to induce vomiting. To his dismay, a staff member admonished him, insisting that he use the restroom instead. Eventually, Mr. A was rushed to a university hospital in Tokyo, where he was diagnosed with acute food poisoning resulting from the accidental ingestion of sodium hypochlorite found in bleach.

In response to the incident, the restaurant attributed the mishap to an employee error. According to their explanation, a stainless steel water bottle was mistakenly filled with a mixture of business bleach and water, intended for cleaning purposes. However, Mr. A’s husband disputes this, stating that the two bottles used are distinct in shape and size, making it difficult to confuse them.

Speaking out about the incident, Mr. A expressed his belief that he was intentionally targeted due to his Korean nationality. He highlighted a lack of hospitality, alleging that the restaurant selectively removed chairs for other customers but neglected to do so for him. Mr. A has filed a police report citing negligence and a serious work-related injury.

Following the incident, the headquarters of the restaurant chain posted an apology on their website. However, concerns were raised when it was revealed that the restaurant failed to notify the local public health center until three days after the incident, resulting in a four-day suspension of business operations. The restaurant has since expressed regret for the pain and inconvenience caused to the affected customers and their families, promising to review hygiene practices to prevent future occurrences.

Sadly, this is not the first instance of a Korean customer facing discrimination at a Japanese establishment. Last year, a renowned sushi restaurant in Ginza sparked outrage by serving Koreans sushi filled with wasabi. Such incidents highlight the need for increased awareness and accountability in the hospitality industry.

As investigations into this distressing incident continue, speculation has arisen regarding the involvement of a Chinese worker at the Ginza restaurant. While allegations on a Japanese blog site suggest a connection, it is essential to avoid assumptions and await official findings.

In the aftermath of this incident, discussions have emerged within Japanese communities, raising questions about the nationality of the restaurant staff. Such debates should be approached with caution, recognizing the importance of accurate information and avoiding further stigmatization.

The incident serves as a reminder that discrimination and acts of harm can occur in any setting, even in high-end establishments. It is crucial for the industry to uphold the principles of inclusivity, respect, and diligent workplace practices to ensure the safety and well-being of all patrons.

A high-end restaurant in Japan served a Korean customer with water mixed with bleach, causing him to suffer from food poisoning. Ginza Mitsukoshi home/capture FLASH
There was an incident where a Korean customer was hospitalized after drinking water mixed with bleach provided by a luxury restaurant in Japan. The restaurant explained that it was an “employee error,” but the victim said, “It was intentional because they knew he was Korean.”

According to Japanese media such as Kyodo News and Flash on the 19th, on the 31st of last month, Korea A made a reservation and visited the restaurant in question located in Ginza, a busy area of ​​Tokyo, with his husband

After ordering food, Mr. And, who was thirsty, to the staff for ‘water without ice’ and drink it. Having taken his first sip, Mr. A soon noticed a strange smell in the water and complained to the staff, but it is said that they tried to take the cup without saying a word and took it again.

Ms A’s husband also smelled something like hydrochloric acid in the water, so he went to the restaurant’s kitchen and asked the staff. The employee then admitted that he had poured bleach water from the stainless steel water bottle next to the dishwasher into a cup.

And, he who was suffering, experienced the unfriendliness of the business once more. Mr A said that at the time he tried to force himself to vomit by putting his finger in his mouth, saying, “My throat hurts like it’s burning,” but a worker approached him and asked him to go to the bathroom, saying, “It would be a nuisance if I (vomited) here.”

Mr A was eventually taken to a university hospital in Tokyo and diagnosed with ‘acute food poisoning’ caused by the accidental consumption of ‘sodium hypochlorite’, an ingredient in bleach.

The restaurant explained, “We put tentsuyu (tempura sauce) in a stainless steel water bottle, and when cleaning it, we dilute business bleach with water,” adding, “The employee took it by mistake, his pour it into a cup, and then bring it to us.” However, Ms.’s husband says And that it is not easy to confuse the two kettles because they are clearly different in shape and size.

In an interview with the domestic media, Mr A claimed, “It was a high-end restaurant, so they took all the chairs out (when customers came), but they didn’t take them out for me. They would have known I I’m Korean from my looks and my accent.” Mr A has reported the restaurant to the police for negligence and a serious work-related injury.

An apology posted on the website by the headquarters of the chain restaurant where the incident took place. Catch the Tenichi homepage
The restaurant continued normal business but only notified the local public health center three days after the incident, and was suspended for four days. Afterwards, they issued an apology saying, “We apologize for causing great pain and inconvenience to customers and their families who suffered from food poisoning,” and “We will review all hygiene-related work to prevent this from happening again.” Currently, the disposal period is over and it is open for business.

This is not the first time a Korean customer has suffered damage at a Japanese restaurant. Last July, a famous sushi restaurant in Ginza drew public ire by serving Koreans sushi filled with wasabi.

An allegation was made on a Japanese blog site that a Chinese worker may have caused the Laxmul incident at a Ginza restaurant. The article included comments questioning whether Japanese netizens who heard about the incident were Chinese, as well as a chart showing that many Chinese live in Tokyo. Catch AYAMEMO
Meanwhile, in Japanese communities, a message was posted regarding this incident, claiming that “most of the workers at the Ginza restaurant are Chinese” and “it would not be surprising if there were Chinese workers in the restaurant where the accident happened. ”

#Hate #Japanese #restaurant #serving #Laxmul #Lets #vomit #nuisance이슈시개