“Medical Department” Reveal the long-term health effects of the disease. “Covid-19” or condition “Long COVID” Symptoms are new or continued after 3 months from the date of infection and persist for at least 2 months. Multiple systems occur.
Read related news.
– Children addicted to “Omicron” may be at risk of one chronic disease for life.
– Thai medicine formulas to take care of Long COVID after 30% found infected with covids have long-term symptoms
– “Long COVID” and “infertility” in traditional Chinese medicine
- Respiratory system 44.38% breathless, chronic cough
- Psychological system 32.1% insomnia, anxiety, depression
- Nervous system 27.33% Acute local weakness, headache, dizziness, forgetfulness, muscle forgetfulness.
- General system 23.41% fatigue, muscle aches, joint pain
- Cardiovascular system 22.86% Chest pain, palpitations
- Skin system 22.8% Hair loss, allergic rash
However, such abnormal symptoms Most heal on their own. If the patient has symptoms for more than 2 months, they should see a doctor at a hospital near their home or a hospital that has treated COVID-19.
Factors that cause symptoms “Long COVID”
1. Age, especially the elderly
2. Gender, found in females more than males.
3. People with other congenital diseases such as asthma and those who have been hospitalized.
Dr. Chakrarat Pittayawong-anon, MD. Director of the Division of Epidemiology Used to talk about symptoms of Long COVID and advise that If a person infected with COVID-19 has recovered and still has the symptoms mentioned above. It is advisable to see a doctor to determine the exact cause. Because some may be a result of the drug used to treat Or some may have other diseases as well, so additional examinations and treatments are required to match the problems that occur. and there is also the possibility of a recovered patient. Some people may be infected with “Covid-19” repeatedly, especially infections that are different from the original species. but may not show obvious symptoms
Treatment for Long COVID
Dr. Piamlarp Saengsayan, Head of Pulmonary Medicine Group The Chest Disease Institute explains that Long COVID treatment is mainly symptomatic. Patients can wait to heal on their own. If you feel the slightest symptoms But if your symptoms don’t improve or get worse, such as coughing, tiredness, increased breathlessness, or more neurological symptoms, such as confusion.
Patients should see a doctor for further diagnosis and treatment. Exercise is an important factor in returning the body to work quickly and completely. In addition, patients need encouragement from themselves and those around them, such as talking, communicating, doing creative activities to relieve stress. It can help improve the mental health that is deteriorating due to Long COVID.
Proofread by….Suree Silawong