The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has taken over the probe into the autorickshaw blast in Mangaluru. The case was registered by including UAPA. Mangaluru ACP Parameshwar Hegde will hand over the case file to the NIA on Friday. A four-member NIA team along with the Mangaluru police have been partners in the investigation since day one.
The NIA had earlier received the case of small test explosions on the banks of the Shivamoga river. The NIA took up the case four days before the Mangaluru blasts. The case was brought under the UAPA in September against Mohammad Shariq (24), Mas Ahmed (22) and Syed Yasin (22), who were accused in the Mangaluru blast case.
Meanwhile, the Islamic Resistance Council (IRC) claimed responsibility for the Mangaluru blast on Wednesday night. A note posted on the IRC dark site says that Muhammad Shariq is our brother Mujahid. The target was the Kadri temple, a hub for Hindu extremists. Even if it’s not, it’s a success. The police and intelligence failed. The note says the explosion was planned to protest against the oppression of the Muslim community. ADGP Alok Kumar also contests that he will suffer the consequences of harassment. The note posted by IRC includes pictures of Shariq’s cell phone.
Desabhimani news is now available on WhatsApp and Telegram.
Click to Subscribe to WhatsApp Channel..
Click to Subscribe to Telegram Channel..