An Unusual Incident in Greece: Sheep Accidentally Feast on Cannabis
In an unexpected turn of events, a flock of sheep found themselves in the midst of a peculiar feast in Greece – they stumbled upon a greenhouse full of cannabis plants and managed to devour around 100 kg of the leafy substance.
According to reports from both Sky News and Greek City Times, this incident took place in Almyros, Thessaly, Greece, where the cultivation of medical cannabis is legally permitted. The sheep, presumably seeking refuge from Typhoon Daniel which had wreaked havoc in the area, took shelter inside the greenhouse.
It is worth noting that Greece recently experienced severe flooding caused by the aforementioned typhoon, resulting in various casualties, including the unfortunate loss of over 100,000 livestock and animals. In the wake of this natural disaster, medical marijuana production had already suffered significant setbacks due to the combined effects of relentless heatwaves and flooding.
The sheep, seemingly inquisitive and hungry, discovered the remaining hemp plants in the greenhouse and proceeded to devour them. The perplexed owner of the greenhouse lamented the situation, stating, “Hemp production had already plummeted due to the adverse weather conditions, but now the sheep have feasted on what little remained. Frankly, I am at a loss for words.”
Witnessing the unusual behavior of the sheep, the farm owner, Yannis Brunis, initially could not comprehend the cause behind it. “I’ve never heard of sheep jumping higher than goats,” Brunis remarked. “It’s simply unheard of.”
Interestingly, this incident sheds light on a growing concern regarding the effects of marijuana on animals. In recent years, the rate of reported cases of dogs becoming addicted to marijuana has reportedly skyrocketed by 300%, according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. With the legalization of cannabis in certain parts of Canada and the United States, there has been an increase in instances of dogs accidentally ingesting discarded marijuana, cannabis-infused products such as butter, and more.
A flock of sheep. Not related to the content of the article./Sky News
An incident occurred in Greece where sheep ate around 100 kg of hemp.
According to Sky News and Greek City Times on the 25th (local time), a flock of sheep was eating around 100 kg of cannabis in a greenhouse in Almyros, Thessaly, Greece. Cultivation of medical cannabis is legal in Greece.
It is believed that the flock of sheep entered the greenhouse to escape Typhoon Daniel, which hit the area earlier in the month. Sky News reported that this typhoon caused major flooding in Greece, resulting in casualties and the death of over 100,000 livestock and animals.
Medical marijuana was grown in the greenhouse. It is said that there was not much hemp left due to floods and heat waves caused by abnormal weather. The sheep who discovered this by chance ate all the hemp. The greenhouse owner said, “I don’t know whether to cry or laugh. “Hemp production had already dropped significantly due to heat waves and floods,” he said. “But the sheep went into the greenhouse and ate what was left. “Honestly, I don’t know what to say,” he said.
It is said that the owner of the farm Yannis Brunis saw the sheep behaving strangely, but did not find the cause until later. “I’ve heard people see sheep jumping higher than goats,” said Brunis. “That can never happen.”
Meanwhile, cases of animals becoming addicted to marijuana are increasing. According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the rate of dogs addicted to marijuana has increased 300% over the past five years. Since cannabis has become legal in some parts of Canada and the United States, the number of cases of dogs ingesting discarded cannabis, cannabis-infused butter, etc. is said to be increasing.
#Jump #higher #goat.. #happened #Greek #sheep #ate #100kg #hemp