Ock Joo-hyeon sues fellow musical actor Kim Ho-young over casting controversy

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

Musical actors Ock Joo-hyun, Kim Ho-young / Photo = Hankyung DB

Singer and musical actor Ock Joo-hyeon sued her colleague Kim Ho-young for defamation. This is because she incited the controversy over ‘network casting’ ahead of the 10th anniversary performance of the musical ‘Elisabeth’. On the other hand, Kim Ho-young’s side said that it is regrettable that Ock Joo-hyun judged her situation without confirming the facts.

On the 20th, Ock Joo-hyun filed a defamation complaint against Kim Ho-young and two netizens through the Seongdong Police Station in Seoul. According to the official, the plan is to proceed with suing netizens who spread false information through continuous monitoring in the future.

This lawsuit was filed for the reason that it reminded the public of the suspicion of networking in relation to the musical ‘Elisabeth’.

Earlier, on the 14th, Kim Ho-young posted a picture of a jade board with the caption, “Asari board is a thing of the past. Now it is a jade board” on Instagram. Regarding this, netizens speculated that Kim Ho-young publicly sniped Ock Joo-hyun, based on the fact that Kim Ho-young posted the article right after the ‘Elisabeth’ lineup was released and put a sticker on the venue.

As the controversy grew, Ock Joo-hyun said, “It is not my job to explain speculations and speculations regarding the casting of the musical ‘Elisabeth’.

He added, “We are preparing a lawsuit against the contributors of rude speculation and speculation and subsequent articles. Those who made fun of their snouts and fingers regardless of the facts. You should be scolded.”

Read Also  Wearing a "hygienic mask", but why are you infected with covid-19? Solve the questions. Loose behavior.

Afterwards, EMK Musical Company, the production company of ‘Elisabeth’, said, “Through the 2022 EMK Production audition (announced on December 8, 2021), we conducted an intense, step-by-step audition with the best staff in Korea, including producer Hong-hyun Um, director Robert Johansson, and music director Kim Moon-jung. They were cast as actors selected through the final approval of VBW’s original company, including the new actors selected through the process and the cast of last season.”

On the other hand, in relation to Ock Joo-hyun’s accusation, Kim Ho-young’s side said, “In the case of uploading personal content on personal SNS, the first article was reported with unconfirmed content related to this, and after that, numerous media outlets reported speculative articles one after another. It is not understandable that Ock Joo-hyun also made a judgment on the situation only with unconfirmed content, and it is regrettable that the actor’s reputation was damaged by not confirming the facts with the company and actor Kim Ho-young.”

He continued, “If any damage is caused to Ho-Young Kim due to the contents, we will take strong action with defamation. In addition, we would like to ask you to take legal responsibility for reporting unfounded articles based on unconfirmed unilateral allegations. In addition, we will take strong legal action against all malicious and false facts including online comments, distribution, distribution, and dissemination.”

Previously, Ock Joo-hyun was double-casted for the role of Elizabeth in the 10th anniversary performance of ‘Elisabeth’ together with musical actress Lee Ji-hye. Shin Sung-rok, Kim Jun-su, Noh Min-woo, and Lee Hae-joon played the role of death, Lee Ji-hoon, Kang Tae-eul, and Park Eun-tae as Luceny, and Min Young-ki and Gil Byeong-min as Emperor Franz Josef.

Read Also  'Kovidalle, just sit there for a few days'; Supriya's first reaction to the Kuruti script

Kim Soo-young, reporter at Hankyung.com swimming@hankyung.com

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent News

Editor's Pick