APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL MONDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2020 *
* If you received assistance during Round 1, you CANNOT request assistance through the Mortgage Assistance Program – Round 2.
Apply the CARES mortgage assistance program
Award: $ 20 million – Maximum grant: $ 10,000 +
+(Up to six months of mortgage payments)
MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE ELIGIBLE: The loan will provide assistance to eligible income families who have defaulted for at least one month in their first mortgage and escrow (PITI) payments, late fees, legal fees, condominium / HOA payments, special appraisals and other costs associated with mortgages related to COVID-19.
If the requested assistance exceeds $ 10,000, applicants will be required to pay the difference when they are notified of the amount approved by Palm Beach County.
FAMILY SIZE AND CATEGORIES OF INCOME TO SERVE:
|Number of person
|(Moderate – 140% AMI)
(Less than or equal to)
APPLICANT SELECTION CRITERIA: Applications will be accepted on a first-qualified, first-served basis, based on the availability of funds.
REQUESTED DOCUMENTS: When submitting the application, the applicant must be able to provide the following documents:
- Evidence of loss of income, reduced hours or unemployment following the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Copy of a valid driver’s license or state ID for applicant and co-applicant;
- Copy of the recent pay slip for applicant and co-applicant (OR) a completed current employment verification;
- Completed Profit and loss account since the beginning of the year (if self-employed);
- Copy of the recent letter of social security, pension and / or disability allowance for applicant and co-applicant;
- Most recent mortgage payment statement demonstrating proof of the applicant’s delinquency;
- Copy of the home / condominium owners association’s delinquent statement (if applicable).
- Mortgage and HOA payments must have been current as of February 29, 2020. Eligible applicants can receive assistance with mortgage payments and HOAs only until December 30, 2020 – 2021 mortgage assistance and HOA payments are not eligible. People with a tolerance and / or mortgage modification plan in place will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Homeowners who have received first mortgage funding through the Palm Beach County Department of Housing and Sustainability are not eligible for this program.
- The property must be the primary residence of the participants.
- Property must be located in Palm Beach County.
- Participants’ estimated value of their property cannot exceed $ 331,888 (current maximum selling price for PBC housing programs).
- Participants IT MUST BE arrears of at least one month (more than 30 days).
- Participants are required to receive mortgage insolvency resolution advice from an approved advisory agency prior to disbursement of funds.
- Participants can only receive assistance once through the CARES mortgage assistance program
Telephone 561.233.3606, 561.233.3693, 561.233.3600 or e-mail to [email protected]