the superstar Cristiano Ronaldo leads the first list of the new Portuguese coach, the Spanish Roberto Martinezannounced for the duels at the end of March against Liechtenstein y Luxembourg qualifiers for the euro 2024.
– WE RECOMMEND YOU: A beautiful fan of Tigres surprises with daring photos
Ronaldo, 38 years old and who now plays for Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia, is “very important for the team“Martínez pointed out during a press conference in which he revealed his list of 26 players.
“I don’t look at my age,” said the former Belgium coach, adding that his roster is “the starting point” in the campaign towards the Eurocup.
——————- Ladies and gentlemen, these are Roberto Martínez’s picks for the upcoming games – #VesteABandeira pic.twitter.com/gS1r0cuhYH
— Portugal (@selecaoportugal) March 17, 2023
Ronaldo, who holds the record for goals in international matches (118 in 196 appearances), finished the World Cup in Qatar as a substitute. His selection was eliminated by Morocco in the quarterfinals (1-0).
The Portuguese team will play against Liechtenstein on March 23 in Lisbon and in Luxembourg three days later.
THE PORTUGAL LIST:
– Portugal (3): Diogo Costa (Oporto/POR), José Sá (Wolverhampton/ENG), Rui Patricio (AS Roma/ITA)
– Defenses (10): Diogo Dalot (Manchester United/ENG), Joao Cancelo (Manchester City/ENG), Danilo Pereira (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA), Pepe (Oporto), Ruben Dias (Manchester City/ENG), Antonio Silva (Benfica), Gonçalo Inacio (Sporting Portugal), Diogo Leite (Union Berlin/GER), Nuno Mendes (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA), Raphael Guerreiro (Dortmund/GER).
– Media (8): Joao Palhinha (Fulham/ENG), Ruben Neves (Wolverhampton/ENG), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City/ENG), Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United/ENG), Joao Mario (Benfica), Matheus Nunes (Wolverhampton/ENG), Otavio Monteiro (Oporto), Vitinha (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA).
– Forwards (5): Cristiano Ronaldo (Al Nassr/KSA), Gonçalo Ramos (Benfica), Joao Félix (Chelsea/ENG), Rafael Leao (AC Milan/ITA), Diogo Jota (Liverpool/ENG).
Copyright law strictly prohibits copying, in whole or in part, the Excelsior materials without first obtaining prior written permission and without linking to the original text.