India and West Indies Face Off in Crucial Test Match in Dominica
The highly anticipated Test match between India and West Indies is set to begin today in Dominica. For India, a victory in this series is crucial following their loss to Australia in the recent World Test Championship final.
As the Indian team is brimming with talented players, there are several records within reach for them in this series against the West Indies. Let’s take a closer look at some of these remarkable milestones.
1. Virat Kohli: Former India captain Virat Kohli is only 150 runs away from becoming the fifth-highest run scorer in international cricket. Currently, Kohli boasts an impressive tally of 25,385 runs across all three formats. He trails just behind former South African cricket sensation Jacques Kallis who recorded 25,534 runs.
2. Virat Kohli (Test Cricket): In the Test format, Virat Kohli needs a mere 25 runs to surpass Virender Sehwag’s record and become India’s fifth-highest run scorer. Kohli has already accumulated 8,479 runs in 109 Tests, while Sehwag currently holds the fifth position with 8,503 runs in 103 Tests.
3. Rohit Sharma: Indian skipper Rohit Sharma is on the verge of reaching the milestone of 3,500 runs in Test cricket. He needs just 63 runs to achieve this feat. Sharma has an impressive record of 3,437 runs in 50 Tests, with an average of 45.22, including 9 centuries and 14 fifties.
4. Shubman Gill: The young prodigy Shubman Gill is just 79 runs away from completing 1,000 runs in Test cricket. Gill has displayed great skill and determination, accumulating 921 runs in 16 Tests with an average of 32.89. He has recorded two centuries and four fifties in his budding career.
5. Ravichandran Ashwin: The experienced spinner Ravichandran Ashwin is eyeing a significant milestone of 700 wickets in international cricket. With 697 wickets to his name, Ashwin requires just three more to reach this impressive achievement. His records include 474 Test wickets, 151 ODI wickets, and 72 T20I wickets.
6. Ravichandran Ashwin (Against West Indies): Ashwin also has the opportunity to become the third-highest wicket-taker against the West Indies across all formats of cricket. He currently holds 60 wickets in 11 Test matches against the West Indies, with an average of 21.85.
7. Ajinkya Rahane: Notably, Ajinkya Rahane is gearing up to play his 50th Test away from home. Rahane has been a consistent performer, amassing 3,223 runs in 49 away Tests at an impressive average of 40. His record includes 8 centuries and 17 fifties.
As the India vs West Indies Test series commences, cricket enthusiasts eagerly await to witness these talented players etching their names in the record books.
Ind vs WI records to watch: Indian team is rich with talented players. Let’s take a look at some of the best records within reach of Indian players from Virat Kohli to Rohit Sharma in the series against the West Indies.
Virat Kohli – Former India captain Virat Kohli needs 150 runs to become the fifth highest run scorer in international cricket. Kohli currently has 25,385 runs across the three formats. Former South African rugby player Jacques Kallis is just ahead of Kohli with 25,534 runs.
Virat Kohli – Virat Kohli needs just 25 runs to become India’s fifth highest run scorer in Test cricket. In that case, Kohli, who has scored 8,479 runs in 109 Tests, can overtake Virender Sehwag who has scored 8,503 runs in 103 Tests.
Rohit Sharma – Indian skipper Rohit Sharma needs 63 more runs to complete 3,500 runs in Test cricket. Rohit scored 3,437 runs in 50 Tests at an average of 45.22 with 9 centuries and 14 fifties.
Shubman Gill – Indian boy Shubman Gill needs 79 runs to complete 1,000 runs in Test cricket. Gill has scored 921 runs in 16 Tests at an average of 32.89 with 2 centuries and 4 fifties.
Ravichandran Ashwin – Ravichandran Ashwin (697) needs three more wickets to reach 700 wickets in international cricket. Ashwin has so far taken 474 wickets in Tests, 151 wickets in ODIs and 72 wickets in T20Is. (Photo: ANI)
Ravichandran Ashwin – Ravichandran Ashwin needs 4 more wickets to become the third highest wicket taker against West Indies in all three formats of cricket. Ashwin has so far taken 60 wickets at an average of 21.85 in 11 Test matches played against the West Indies.
Ajinkya Rahane – Ajinkya Rahane is all set to play his 50th Test away from home. Rahane has scored 3,223 runs at an average of 40 overs, including 8 centuries and 17 fifties in 49 away Tests.
#Upcoming #records #Indian #cricketers #Virat #Kohli #Rohit #Sharma #Kohli #Rohit #Awaiting #Successes #Indian #Players #Caribbean #Test