Research has found that people are more likely to ‘need less than 8 glasses of water’ a day.

BEIJING, Nov. 26 (Xinhua) — One of the most well-known health tips. It says people should drink eight glasses (about two litres) of water a day, but the new study suggests drinking less.

An international research group led by scientists from China’s Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology (SIAT) found that the average amount of water that men in their 20s should drink is 1.5 to 1.8 liters per day, while women in their 20s should drink 1.5 to 1.8 liters. 1.3-1.4 liters per day on average

The study, published on Friday in the journal Science, describes, for the first time, a set of equations for predicting human water circulation. It is an indicator that reflects how much water the body uses every day.

The researchers examined 5,604 participants between the ages of 8 days and 96 years from more than 20 countries using isotope tracer methods. Through isotope tracing, they found that men aged 20-35 drank 4.2 liters of water a day, while women aged 30-60 drank 3.3 litres, and that their water needs decreased with age.

metabolic processes and water exchange on the skin Water provides 15% of the human body, and food and drink provide half of the remaining 85%, so people are advised to drink less than 45% of their total daily circulation .

Zhang Xueying One of the institute’s researchers and research assistants Most people probably don’t need to drink eight glasses of water a day.

The total amount of water ingested and excreted varies depending on many factors such as body size, physical activity, air temperature, humidity and altitude

Zhang said the equation could be applied to people around the world. It uses basic physiological indicators along with the temperature and humidity the person lives in, but people living in countries with a low human development index (HDI) have a higher water turnover than people in countries with a low human development index (HDI). high human development

However, John Speakman, co-author of the above research from the institute said that the study was the first step towards predicting water needs personally.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.