(WXYZ) – There are various dangerous intersections already in the Detroit metro, and Kim Russell is looking at them.
The South East Michigan Government Alliance (SEMCOG) created a database showing when, where, and how all reported traffic accidents occur. They created the database to find out where the most vulnerable drivers are.
The analysts looked at police report after police report, looking for patterns.
Kevin Vettraino from SEMCOG tells 7 Action News that it is information you can use to drive hard.
When we looked at the latest SEMCOG numbers from 2017 – we found out if you are driving in Van Dyke and Eleven miles – there is a reason to be cautious. He made SEMCOG's most dangerous crossing list once but twice.
That's because there is one side on Line Line and the other is Warren. In total, the police responded to 145 significant accidents at Van Dyke and 11 Mile, on both sides of I-696.
Warren Police Sgt. Ken Marsee says that people need to know, it's a crowded area. Most of the incidents are back-end crashes in hours. The city responded with patrols and by prohibiting trucks from left turn, which often hindered traffic.
Ford Rd enters at No. 2 and No. 3 on the list. in Canton by Lilley where there were 87 accidents, and just down the path at Haggerty where there were 81 accidents there.
Yes No. 4 in Farmington Hills at Orchard Lough and 12 Mile. There were 79 accidents there. Of these, 42 per cent are rear-end crashes, but about 25 per cent are bone fractures.
Arriving at No. 5 is Southfield and 11 Mile where there were 75 collisions in 2015. The trend continues with most rear accidents but about 33 per cent are crate.
While the most problematic crossing situations last year, SEMCOG has data at all intersections so that the public can find problems.
You can search those details on their website at
Michigan Auto Law also compiled a list of the 20 most dangerous intersections in Michigan in 2018. You can see this list
Top 20 Dangerous Intersection in Michigan for 2018: t
1. ROAD TELEGRAPH @ 12 MILE ROAD, Southfield, 145 Total Crashes, 24 Injury
2. ROAD ORCHARD LAKE @ 14 ROYAL MHILE, Farmington Hills / West Bloomfield, 144 Total Crash, 20 Injury
3. 18 1/2 MILE ROAD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 141 Total Crashes, 12 Injury
4. M 5 / MARTIN PKWY @ PONTIAC TRL, Commerce Twp, 138 Total Tits, 9 Injury
5. I 75 @ BIG BEAVER ROAD, Troy, 129 Total Crash, 13 Injury
6. 11 MILE ROAD / I 696 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Warren / Center Line, 126 Total Crashes, 27 Injury
7. TELEGRAPH ROAD @ SCHOOL ROAD, Redford Twp, 125 Total Crash, 15 Injury
8. STATE ROAD @ ELLSWORTH ROAD, Ann Arbor / Pittsfield Twp, 123 Total Crash, 6 Injury
9. HALL ROAD / M59 @ SCHOENHERR ROAD, Utica / Sterling Heights, 116 Total Crash, 20 Injury
10. I 75 @ M 59, Auburn Hills, 115 Total Crash, 30 Injury
11. JOY ROAD @ M 39 / SOUTHFIELD MORE, Detroit, 99 Total Crashes, 26 Injuries
12. HALL ROAD / M 59 @ ROMEO PLANK ROAD, Clinton Twp, 99 Total Crash, 18 Injury
13. ROAD IN 75 @ 14 MILE, Madison Heights, 96 Total Crash, 17 Injury
14. METROPOLITAN PKWY @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 95 Total Crash, 20 Injury
15. METROPOLITAN PKWY @ MOUND ROAD, Sterling Heights, 94 Total Crash, 20 Injury
16. BIG ROADS BEAVER @ ROCHESTER ROAD, Troy, 92 Total Crashes, 27 Injuries
17. FORD ROAD @ LILLEY ROAD, Canton Twp, 91 Total Crash, 25 Injury
18. 11 MILE ROAD @ GRATIOT AVE E, Roseville, 90 Total Crashes, 31 Injury
19. HALL ROAD / M 59 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Utica, 89 Total Crashes, 13 Injuries
20. 8 MILE ROAD @ WOODWARD AVE, Detroit, 87 Total Crash, 10 Injury
.Leave a comment