Mr. Somchai Srisuthiyakorn, Director of the Center for Political Research and Development Rangsit University and the former Election Commission posted on Facebook about the case of the Election Commission.“Give a yellow card” MPs for the Pracharat Party in Lampang that
1. The election date is Saturday, June 20, 2020.
2. Voice-based clip purchase event It was an incident at 8.30 AM on Friday, June 19, 2020.
3. I published the clip on June 22, 2020.
4. The Election Commission has resolved to invite me to testify on July 14, 2020 by ordering the Election Commission of Lampang to send a letter inviting me to testify in Lampang. The Election Commission of Lampang issued a letter dated 20 July 2020 before the letter arrived. That is, the afternoon of July 22, 2020, to give testimony on Thursday, July 23, 2020 in Lampang Province.
5. The Seri Ruam Thai Party submitted a petition to the Election Commission on July 20, 2020.
6. The Election Commission announces the results of the election on July 21, 2020 (the time frame that the Election Commission can announce is the latest is August 19, 2020), stating that it has announced it first and can continue to investigate.
7. On November 23, 2021, the Election Commission issued a ruling No. 1173/2564 on the matter. “yellow card” Election to repair district 4, Lampang, citing evidence from clips that have been published and from the request of the Seri Ruam Thai Party. This means that it takes 1 year and 4 months after receiving the request.
8. The verdict in November 2021 was just published on the Election Commission’s website on January 14, 2022 and the media has published it. On the evening of 14 January 2022
The Seri Ruam Thai Party should gather evidence once again to file a lawsuit against the Election Commission for failing to perform its duties to the best of its ability. Contrary to the general ethical principles of the ethical standards for independent office holders.
I’d be happy to help you draft a lawsuit.
Mr. Somchai also posted a question whether 1 year and 4 months is too much.
original power of giving “Yellow card, red card” after the election The Election Commission will be able to do so within a one-year time frame from the election date.
All Election Commissions in the past Therefore, there is a spell to memorize in mind: “Yellow card, red card”after the election Must expedite to complete in 1 year and there is no case that is more than 1 year because it is in accordance with the law, the new MP Election Act, which Khunchai wrote. Instead, it hides what we can’t imagine is that in Section 133, there is no set time frame for giving. “Yellow card, red card”after the election
when the law is like this The Election Commission can therefore work lingeringly. For example, in the case of Lampang, it takes up to 1 year and 4 months to give a yellow card. It takes 2 months to announce it to the public. and still don’t know until today Have you sent the matter to the Supreme Court yet?
The delay is the damage to the people. Although the law does not specify a time frame The Election Commission should be serious about its work. by at least maintaining the standards that have been done in every Election Commission, which is 1 year, must be sent to the court otherwise One day in the future we will seeyellow card, red card after the election It happened when those people were nearing the completion of four years in the council, they were prosperous.