- 3 diseases that disappear by themselves Without relying on antibiotics
- Someone died from “Drug-resistant bacteria” more than 38,000 people per year
- The penalty for the widespread use of antibiotics
Over the years the situation “Antibiotic-resistant bacteria condition” Of Thailand This causes more than 38,000 people to die from drug-resistant bacteria per year, which is one of the most important factors that contribute to the Is the unreasonable use of drugs It is used in diseases that do not need to be used as follows.
A disease that can disappear on its own Without having to rely on antibiotics
- Diarrhea or diarrhea (Diarrhea)
Having a liquid or watery defecation more than usual Or sometimes transfused with bloody mucus Often caused by infections or food poisoning. After eating food contaminated with germs The symptoms will last for a few days. But in some cases it may be chronic for a long time. Which may be caused by other diseases
By common symptoms of diarrhea There will be liquid defecation. Taking more than 3 times more water than normal for each person. Or having a bloody mucus once or more within 24 hours, in some cases, other symptoms may be accompanied, such as abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, fatigue, nervousness and fever, although diarrhea is often a mild symptom. But it may cause suffering to the sick and become chronic and cause other diseases. Follow later Patients should seek immediate medical attention if they experience the following symptoms.
– Dehydration or diarrhea for more than 2 days for young children or infants, if symptoms for more than 1 day should immediately see a doctor. Due to the risk of death from dehydration
– with severe pain in the abdomen or rectum
– fever higher than 39 degrees Celsius
– Bloody or black stools
For the treatment of diarrhea Most do not require specific treatment. Because sickness will gradually Better by themselves, respectively But the patient should drink a lot of water. Or drink mineral powder To compensate for the loss of water and minerals that the body has
- Cold – Sore Throat (Cold) – (Sore Throat)
Colds are caused by viruses. Which may cause stuffy nose, runny nose, cough, sneezing, headache, body pain And having a fever The sore throat is painful, itchy or irritated in the throat. And may make it difficult to swallow water or food A sore throat may also be accompanied by symptoms such as dry throat, hoarseness, swollen and red tonsils, white or pus specks. And most of them tend to disappear within a few days. Unless there are complications
For treating sore throats caused by viral infections For example, the common cold usually disappears within 5-7 days without the need for medication. Patients can relieve sore throats by gargling with warm salt water, drinking warm water with ice crystals. Or take medicine to relieve pain and fever, which can be bought at pharmacies such as paracetamol. In addition, it is important to get enough rest. Drink plenty of water And eating foods that are beneficial to health
- The bleeding wound is clean.
Wounds to the body can occur from an external accident such as a cut, a fall, a car crash, and damage to the tissues in the area. The sores often appear as open sores on the skin. And there is blood oozing or oozing from the wound. If the wound is small, shallow, or not severe Patients can wash the wound by themselves at home. You may use fresh wound healing drugs that can be bought at pharmacies under the advice of a pharmacist.
For the blame of the innocuous use of antibiotics
- Wasteful Have to pay for expensive antibiotics
- The risk of drug allergy With an itchy rash Feeling tight in the chest Shortness of breath, shock and possibly death.
- Side symptoms These range from mild symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea to severe symptoms such as hepatitis, blindness, and ruptured Achilles tendon.
- Drug resistance makes antibiotics more dangerous, expensive, or impossible to find.
However, everyone can reduce unnecessary use of antibiotics. As well as do not buy the drug itself If you feel unwell, always consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication. To prevent adverse effects that may occur in the future.
Author: Kanok health spokesperson
Graphics: Jutaphun Sooksamphun
Read more …