A money manager from Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht opened the market this morning at 32.71 baht / dollar from yesterday evening at 32.82 / 84 baht / dollar.
The baht strengthened from yesterday evening. as well as regional currencies Because last night, the dollar was sold after the meeting of the Federal Reserve (FOMC) announced that the Fed raised interest rates to 0.25% as expected, bringing interest rates to 4.50-4.75%.
“The Fed’s stance is less aggressive than the market feared. devaluation of the dollar The dollar index was the lowest in nine months, and the Fed indicated that it would continue to raise interest rates. But the market is focused on the Fed chairman’s words. that started to see that inflation is slowing The market therefore sees that the Fed is about to end. Interest rates have been raised,” said the money manager.
money manager Estimate the movement of the baht today at 32.60 – 32.90 baht / dollar for factors that follow today is the meeting of the European Central Bank (ECB) and the Bank of England (BoE).
THAI BAHT FIX 3M (February 1) was at 1.16362%, while THAI BAHT FIX 6M was at 1.43985%.
The latest SPOT is 32.76125 baht / dollar.
- an important factor
- The yen was at 128.70 yen/dollar from 129.87 yen/dollar last night.
- The euro was at $1.1008/euro from $1.0885/euro last night.
- Exchange rate Thai baht / dollar Weighted average between the BOT banks. At a level of 32.902 baht / dollar
- The joint committee of 3 private sector organizations (KorKor.) maintains the projection for the year 2023, expecting GDP growth of 3-3.5%, export growth.
1-2% and inflation at 2.7-3.2% after the Thai economy was supported by the tourism sector. But there is still risk as the export sector slows down, worrying about electricity bills
Interest increases the costs of production
- The Deputy Prime Minister and the Energy Minister revealed that this year’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate could
has increased to 4%, which has not seen a figure of 4% for a long time because for the past 3 years, Thailand has not encountered an ordinary crisis but a major crisis under
The leader of the Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Prime Minister, joined to do everything. To fight and survive to this day, the economic situation
Everything returned to a state called recovery. And it will return to the original state soon, the economic numbers have improved a lot
- The Fed’s Monetary Policy Committee (FOMC) unanimously raised the short-term interest rate by 0.25% to
4.50-4.75% at today’s meeting which is the highest level since October 2007
- The president of the Federal Reserve (Fed) held a press conference after the monetary policy meeting on Wednesday.
(February 1), saying that inflation in the United States has begun to slow. and he sees that inflation is falling (Dinflationary) in the United States began.
- The US dollar weakened against major currencies in trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday (February 1).
After the Federal Reserve (Fed) voted to raise interest rates by 0.25% as expected, and Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said inflation
in the United States it began to slow down
- New York gold futures closed lower on Wednesday (February 1) before investors learned the outcome of the central bank’s monetary policy meeting.
United States (Fed), with the New York gold market closed for trading before the Fed Board announced its meeting decisions.
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its survey of job openings and employee turnover rate.
(JOLTS) that the number of job openings Jobs, which is a measure of demand in the labor market, rose by 572,000 jobs to 11.0 million.
situation in Dec. Contrary to analysts’ expectations, it fell to 10.25 million jobs from 10.44 million in November.
- important economic data today England will release the Bank of England (BoE) rate decision, the EU will open.
The European Central Bank (ECB) announced its interest rate decision.
- Investors will be keeping an eye on the US nonfarm payrolls release tomorrow. Although analysts expect employment numbers to
Only 187,000 jobs were added in January. after adding 223,000 jobs in December and the unemployment rate is expected to increase
rose to 3.6% in January from 3.5% in December.