Bangkok Bank money managers revealed that the baht closed the market tonight at 34.21 baht / dollar, from the market opening in the morning at 34.37 baht / dollar, during the day the baht moved within a range of 34.15 – 34.40 baht / dollar .
The Thai baht strengthens as a regional currency as the market eases concerns about bank failures The Swiss central bank injected 2 trillion baht, while major US banks brought in the deposit to help
Money managers expect the baht to move between 34.10 – 34.40 baht / dollar on Monday.
Factors to watch in the US tonight are industrial production in February, preliminary consumer confidence in March. from the University of Michigan and leading economic indicators in February From the Conference Board
In terms of the big picture, the market is waiting to follow the results of the US Federal Reserve (Fed) meeting next week.
- an important factor
- The yen was at 133.02 yen/dollar from the morning level of 133.31 yen/dollar.
- The euro was at $1.0646 from an early session of $1.0626.
- The SET index closed today at 1,563.67 points, an increase of 9.02 points (+0.58%) with a trading value of 73,535 million baht.
- Net Foreigner Group Trading Volume Summary sells 2,103.01 million baht (SET+MAY)
- Advisors to the National Council of Thai Shippers (NASC) and their team met with the Governor of the Bank of Thailand.
(BOT) to discuss and exchange information about the baht situation that could affect the confidence of export-import entrepreneurs.
products and ways to mitigate the effects of exchange rate fluctuations
- Commercial Bank of Siam’s Economic Intelligence Center (EIC) Raised the Thai economic forecast 2023 to expand
3.9% (previously 3.4%), driven by the tourism sector. and the service sector is recovering well
- Officials from the Bank of Japan (BOJ), the Ministry of Finance (MOF), and the Financial Services Agency (FSA) plan to
will meet today to discuss market conditions after Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) from
The United States is facing bankruptcy.
- Goldman Sachs cut its European Central Bank (ECB) interest rate hike forecast in May to
0.25% from 0.50% after the ECB raised interest rates to fight inflation. amid calls for tightening monetary policy
- Fitch, a credit rating agency in the United States, noted on Thursday (March 16) that banks in the Asia-Pacific region are looking
Likely to be directly affected by the crises of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and Signature Bank (Signature Bank).
Limited edition only These banks are among the banks to which Fitch has given a credit rating.