A treasury manager from Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht closed at 34.57 baht/dollar, appreciated from 34.63/68 baht/dollar in the morning.
During the day, the baht moved within the range of 34.57-34.67 baht/dollar, while other regional currencies showed mixed movements, ie both depreciating. and appreciated against the dollar. In general, the movement of the baht today is not due to any specific factors, but is based on intraday buying and selling.
Treasury managers expect the baht to move in the range of 34.50 – 34.70 baht/dollar tomorrow night, need to follow up on the data. US economy As for the number of weekly unemployment benefits claims and second-hand home sales in April
- important factor
- The yen was 127.67 yen/dollar from early morning at 128.48 yen/dollar.
- The euro was at $1.0499/euro from early morning at $1.0485/euro.
- The SET index closed today at 1,605.98 points, down 14.35 points (-0.89%), trading value 62,664 million baht.
- Group Trading Volume Summary Foreign net sales 536.03 million baht (SET+MAI)
- The Minister of Finance said that Thailand is an open economy. Therefore, when the world economy faces problems and affects
Countries are therefore undeniable that the Thai economy is affected as well. both in trade, investment and finance that have different connections
- The BOT governor is confident that the Thai economy will definitely not enter a stagflation state because the economy will enter a state of stagflation.
Stagflation must contain high inflation along with the economic slowdown But at present, it can be seen that although Thailand’s inflation rate will
rose beyond the target range But this year’s economy has not slowed down at all. And there is a very small chance that the Thai economy this year will grow lower than last year.
- The Bank of Thailand’s governor spoke about accelerating the rate hike of the Federal Reserve’s policy rate (Fed) to curb soaring inflation.
As for the BOT itself, it operates under the monetary policy framework. including flexible exchange rate supervision so there is no memory
It is necessary to accelerate the policy rate hike following the Fed. As for the Thai baht’s current situation, it is highly volatile. The baht depreciated 3% from the beginning of the year, but
Considered to be at the same level as competitors
- Kasikorn Bank (KBANK) said the US Federal Reserve (Fed) raised interest rates quickly and strongly to curb inflation.
with the money market and the currency directly Because the higher the interest difference, the more volatile the currency in that country. If Thailand does not raise interest rates
According to what happened facing capital outflows As a result, the baht depreciated again in the second half of this year.
- YLG Bullion International Co., Ltd. (YLG) states that in the short term, gold prices are likely to decline.
again in the direction of risky assets that still have a chance to decline continuously Because investors still have concerns in many areas. Both the inflation numbers are still worrisome.
Including the situation in Ukraine and Russia that still need to be watched. especially if Finland joins NATO.
- The Bank of the Philippines (BSP) raised its policy interest rate by 0.25% to 2.25% at its meeting today (May 19).
Raises policy interest rates for the first time since 2018 to combat Southeast Asia’s second-fastest inflation.
- US Treasury Secretary Support for the US government to lift tariffs on some Chinese goods by being a product group that is not important
It is very strategic but affects consumers and businesses in the United States, saying that lowering import tariffs could help curb inflation. But it may not be that
- JPMorgan lowered its forecast for US GDP for the second half of 2022 to 2.4% from 3% previously.
indicates that the economy has slowed down enough May cause the unemployment rate to gradually increase in the next year. This will help alleviate pressures on rising wages.
- Major Cryptocurrency Investors Comment on the collapse in the price of the stablecoin TerraUSD or
UST and Luna (Luna) as the reason for the turbulence of the cryptocurrency market in the past caused by macroeconomic problems around the world
And the collapse of stablecoins has eroded confidence in the crypto industry. and a decentralized financial system (DeFi).