A money manager from Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht closed tonight at 34.65 baht / dollar, depreciating from the morning’s market opening at 34.37 baht / dollar.
Today, the baht depreciated more than expected. And the weakest compared to other currencies in the region. During the day, it fluctuates widely between 34.37-34.69 baht/dollar because the US dollar continues to support it, but today there is a flow from foreign investors to buy short-term Thai bonds worth 5,000 million baht.
“During the day, the baht depreciated to 34.63 baht/dollar, the weakest in almost two months since December 29, 2022, and the baht was still the weakest in the region,” said the money manager.
Tonight, the US will report used home sales in January. and Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) in the manufacturing sector – the primary service sector in February
Money managers expect the baht to move tomorrow within a range of 34.40 – 34.70 baht / dollar.
- an important factor
- The yen was at 134.58 yen/dollar from an early session of 134.32 yen/dollar.
- The euro was at $1.10662 from an early session of $1.0676.
- The SET index closed today at 1,668.63 points, an increase of 10.94 points (+0.66%), trading value at 66,040 million baht.
- Net Foreigner Group Trading Volume Summary sells 4,226.02 million baht (SET+MAY)
- The prime minister has admitted that it is possible to see parliament dissolved as early as March. for the election schedule to be
Go by the Election Commission (ECT) timetable set on May 7, 2023.
- Government Spokesman explains election timetable by new election It is expected to take place in early May ’23, after which it will be announced
election results Received all 500 MPs certified around the beginning of July 2023, expecting a new prime minister around the end of July 2023. and there is a new cabinet
At the beginning of August 2023, Siri assembled this government to operate for another 4 and a half months.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) expects economic growth in the Asia-Pacific region. tends to increase
4.7% in 2023 from 3.8% in 2022, which will make the Asia-Pacific region Become the most dynamic region in the region
The main bright spot in the world in the midst of the global economic slowdown.
- The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) released the minutes of its February meeting. states that the risk of money
Inflation may cause the RBA to pursue a tighter monetary policy than expected. which caused the RBA board to reject the line.
The authorities ended the interest rate hike cycle. with a signal that another rise in the rate is needed at the meeting over a period of several months.
- The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the UK had a budget surplus of £5.4 billion (£6.49).
billion) in January, reflecting strong income tax revenues.
- This week, the US will release key economic data such as the Bank’s Monetary Policy Committee.
Federal Reserve Release Minutes (FOMC) January 31-February 1, Weekly Claims, Quarterly GDP
4/65 (2nd estimate), new home sales in January, consumer confidence index in February, etc.