A money manager from Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht closed tonight at 35.03 baht / dollar, depreciating from the morning’s market opening at 34.95 baht / dollar.
The baht today is quite volatile and directionless, like most regional currencies, which are still volatile. by during the day The baht moved within a range of 34.92-35.15 baht / dollar. Tonight, the market will mainly keep an eye on the US non-farm payroll in February.
“Today, the baht is quite volatile. And it is not as directional as most currencies in the region. employment report Non-agricultural work This will guide the direction of the US dollar in the future,” the money manager said.
next week Important US economic data that the market will keep an eye on includes inflation in February, retail sales in February, while Europe The market awaits the outcome of the European Central Bank (ECB) meeting.
Money managers expect the baht to move between 34.95 – 35.15 baht / dollar next week.
- an important factor
- The yen was at 136.78 yen/dollar from the morning level of 135.89 yen/dollar.
- The euro was at $1.0578/euro from $1.0595 this morning.
- The SET Index closed today at 1,599.65 points, down 14.57 points (-0.90%), trading value at 49,261.04 million baht.
- Net Foreigner Group Trading Volume Summary sells 3,796.43 million baht (SET+MAY)
- Bank of Thailand (BOT) Thai Bankers Association and State Financial Institutions Association Join hands to raise disaster management level
financial fraud Through a set of measures in 3 main areas: prevention, detection and response-response. in order to be able to control the disaster
up to date financially Efficient and comprehensive to prevent damage. and alleviate suffering for the people
- A member of the National People’s Congress of China He unanimously decided to approve Mr. Xi Jinping as president of China for another term.
3rd today (10 March), which is considered to complete the ceremony to ascend to the position of the world’s second largest economy.
- The Bank of Japan (BOJ) decided to keep its policy rate unchanged at -0.1% and maintain its yield curve management policy.
instead of bonds (yield curve management program) In addition, the BOJ continues to buy Japanese government bonds for 10 years.
without restriction to protect the bond yield ceiling at 0.5%
- BOJ Governor speaks at the last monetary policy meeting Before the term ends on April 8, the BOJ should use
further monetary easing policy. stimulate wages to grow in the future and admitted that he regretted using the policy to relax
Throughout its 10-year run, it failed to meet its 2% inflation target.
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) increased gold reserves by around 30% in January, as did Singapore’s central bank.
Other countries including the People’s Bank of China and Turkey, which each increased their gold reserves, the central banks around the world increased their gold holdings
More bars as the US dollar has weakened over the past few months.
- The key US economic data next week is the Consumer Price Index. (Inflation) Feb., Producer Price Index
(PPI) in February, retail sales in February, number of weekly jobless claims, etc.