A money manager from Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht closed tonight at 35.35 baht / dollar from the morning. The market opened at 35.03 baht / dollar, during the day the baht moved within a range of 34.97 – 35.39 baht / dollar.
The baht depreciated sharply. after the Bank of Thailand (BOT) reported on the Thai economy they sent out the two numbers that came out bad and the current account deficit
“The baht today touched 35.39 baht / dollar, which is the weakest level in 3 months after the Bank of Thailand figures. It didn’t turn out well, causing the baht to depreciate very quickly,” said the money manager.
Money managers expect the baht to move tomorrow within a range of 35.00 – 35.40 baht / dollar The factor to watch tonight is the February Consumer Confidence Index. from the United States
THAI BAHT SPOT RATE SETTING is 35.3554 baht/dollar.
- an important factor
- The Yen was at 136.73 yen/dollar from the morning level of 136.18 yen/dollar.
- The euro was at $1.0611 from an early session of $1.0600.
- A spokesman for the Bank of Thailand (BOT) revealed that the Thai economy in January improved 66 from the previous month by
Indicators of private consumption rose partly as a result of government measures Although the value of exports excluding gold increased slightly.
in line with industrial production and private investment indicators Activities in the service sector increased in line with the number of tourists.
Thailand while the number of foreign tourists slowed somewhat Federal spending grew from fixed and capital spending.
- The Cabinet (Cabinet) approved a new round of state welfare registration projects. There are two people who have been verified.
and those with authentication issues cannot pass It takes time for an appeal to be filed. The aim is to start paying the first installment on the 1st day.
- The Office of Industrial Economics (OIE) revealed that the Manufacturing Production Index (MPI) in January 2023 was
99.82, a contraction of 4.35% compared to the same period last year (YoY), a continued contraction as expected, but an increase of 6.61%.
compared to the previous month
- OIE has revised its forecast of the Manufacturing Production Index (MPI) for 2023, which is expected to expand at 1.5-2.5% and gross domestic product.
The country’s industrial sector (GDP) grew in 2023 at 1.5-2.5% due to expectations of a slowdown in exports.
- The pound gained 1% against the greenback this morning to $1.2069, a record high.
unprecedented after the United Kingdom (UK) and the European Union (EU) reached a new post-Brexit trade deal for
Northern Ireland This shows the UK’s economic prospects after it leaves the EU and is a sign of an improvement in the relationship.
between the UK and the EU