A money manager from the Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht opened the market this morning at 35.09 baht / dollar, depreciating from The market closed last night at 34.53 baht / dollar as the dollar appreciated against all currencies. After the president of the United States Federal Reserve (Fed) indicated that he is likely to raise interest rates another 0.50% at the meeting on March 20-21 and there is a possibility of movement. Maximum interest rate to 5.50-5.75%
There are also factors that put pressure on the baht to devalue more gold imports. After the price of gold in the world market last night fell as much as 35 dollars / ounce.
“The baht depreciated from the market close last night very quickly. “After a statement from the Fed chairman indicating a rate increase, the dollar strengthened against all currencies,” said the money manager.
Money managers estimate the movement of the baht today at 34.95 – 35.25 baht / dollar.
THAI BAHT FIX 3M (Mar. 7) is at 1.36574%, while THAI BAHT FIX 6M is at 1.60869%.
The latest SPOT is 35.18750 baht / dollar.
- an important factor
- The yen was 137.45 ¥/dollar from yesterday evening at 135.88/90 ¥/dollar.
- The euro was at $1.0545/euro from last night at $1.0655/0659.
- Thai baht / dollar exchange rate The weighted average of the interbank BOT was 34.537 baht/dollar.
- Cabinet approves tax exemption for digital token investment promoting investment in digital assets Ready to approve the BOT to oversee the leasing business
The transaction continues to grow But there is still no regulatory agency.
- The Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) revealed that the project We Travel Together Phase 5 is very active.
hot debut The usage rate is around 300 rights per minute and shows the purchasing power of people who want to travel during the 1-
- The US dollar strengthened against major currencies in trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday (March 7).
After Mr. Jerome Powell, Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve (Fed), showed an increase in the rate stronger than expected. to pull inflation down to
Feed target level
- New York gold futures closed at their lowest level in more than a week on Tuesday (March 7) after the chairman of the bank
The US Federal Reserve (Fed) signaled a stronger than expected rate hike. to pull inflation down to the Fed’s target level
- Mr. Powell’s semi-annual statement on US monetary policy and economic conditions to the Senate Banking Committee.
Yesterday, noting that the latest US economic data was stronger than expected. which shows that the final interest rate (Terminal
The feed rate will be higher than expected. And if all the data suggests that the Fed should tighten monetary policy faster Fed will increase
Be quick to raise interest rates
- Data from the CME Group’s FedWatch Tool shows that after Mr Powell completed his address to the committee,
Senedd investors weigh more than 70% that the Fed will raise interest rates by 0.50% to a range of 5.00-5.25% at its March 21-22 meeting.
This is up from Monday’s level of 31%.
- Investors are keeping an eye on Mr Powell, who will give a semi-annual statement on US monetary policy and economic conditions to the US Federal Reserve.
Money for the House of Representatives today (March 8)
- US economic data this week includes US nonfarm payrolls for February on Friday, while investors
Analysts predict that the number of jobs increased by 200,000 in February alone. after rising more than expected to 517,000 jobs in