A treasury manager from the Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht opened this morning at 33.80 baht/dollar, slightly depreciating. The market closed yesterday evening at 33.78 baht/dollar after the dollar strengthened on buying pressure. Due to concerns about US inflation After energy prices rose This may drive the Federal Reserve (Fed) to raise interest rates faster than expected.
“The baht depreciated slightly from yesterday evening. while regional currencies move in a mix,” said the money manager.
Estimated the movement of the baht today at 33.70-33.85 baht/dollar.
Factors that the market tracks are the monthly service sector index. Sept from the US Institute of Supply Management (ISM) and employment figures. Non-farm sector in the US
THAI BAHT FIX 3M (4 Oct) is at 0.31944% while THAI BAHT FIX 6M is at 0.33496%.
- important factor
- The yen was at 110.97 yen/dollar from yesterday evening at 111.24 yen/dollar.
- The euro was at $1.1610/euro from $1.1609/euro yesterday evening.
- Baht/dollar exchange rate The BOT’s interbank weighted average stood at 33.708.
- The US dollar weakened against the major currencies. in trading at the New York Stock Exchange last night (Oct. 4).
While investors keep an eye on US labor data this week. This includes monthly non-farm payrolls. September, which is scheduled to be released on Friday.
- New York’s West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil (WTI) ended up hitting its highest level in nearly seven years on Oct.
Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its allies or OPEC Plus There was a resolution to increase oil production by 400,000 barrels per day as expected in
- New York gold futures closed for a third day in a row on Tuesday (Oct 4), supported by currency depreciation.
Dollar and Gold Buying Strength as a Safe Haven After the US stock market plunged heavily last night.
- U.S. Treasury yields have been erratic today. Before the release of the number of non-farm payrolls
United States on Friday
- Investors will keep an eye on US non-farm payrolls on Friday. which will be one of the factors that the US Federal Reserve (Fed)
Used to consider reducing the amount of the bond purchase program under the quantitative easing (QE) measures and raising interest rates.
- Key economic data today include South Korea’s September foreign exchange reserves, Australia’s revealed.
August trade balance, September business sentiment from the National Australia Bank (NAB) Reserve Bank of Australia meeting.
Monetary policy and interest rate statement, France released the final service sector purchasing managers index (PMI) in September.
Marchit, Germany has released its final month’s service purchasing managers’ index (PMI). Sept from Markit, the EU released the Organizing Managers Index.
Buy (PMI) last month service sector Sept from Markit, England, September new car sales, Purchasing Managers’ Index.
(PMI) Sept’s final services sector from Markit/CIPS, US released August trade balance, Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI).
September final service sector from Markit and September service sector index from the US Institute of Supply Management (ISM).