Imagine a situation: in the morning there is an application for a job that is critical to your future, and you have been prepared for this opportunity for a lifetime. However, you took the wrong bus, didn’t have any money on you, don’t know where you are now, don’t have a mobile phone, don’t bring your documents, don’t know what time it is, but you know, you’re almost late, and the person applying for a job won’t wait for you, time When it comes, the game is over.
what should you do? In fact, I can’t do anything. I can only give up, but if I give up, I should regret it for a lifetime.
This tragic situation appeared on August 5th. Hansle Parchment, a Jamaican hurdler, was going to participate in the 110-meter hurdle semi-final. But when he was listening to the music and absent-mindedly, he got on the completely opposite traffic car when he started playing in the 110-meter hurdles semifinal. A pavilion. The person next to him told him that now he could only go back to the contestant village to take a ride again, but he knew that if he did this, he would not have to race.
Just when he was helpless, a passerby working in the Olympics, Tijana Stojkovic, immediately helped him find a taxi and gave him the only 10,000 yen left on her, so that he could ride to the competition site smoothly. . With her assistance, he miraculously arrived in time, prepared to warm up, finished the game, and finally won the gold medal. After he got the gold medal, he went back to the passerby and told her that he had won the gold medal in the hurdle race. The Prime Minister of Jamaica announced that he would invite the girl to visit Jamaica for a week, and the government would pay for all expenses.
What do the girls say? She went to the Jamaican Embassy in Japan to receive the award yesterday. When interviewed by the Jamaican media, the media asked her why she felt that she should help the athlete at the time. She was very embarrassed to say that she just felt that if she encountered such a situation, she would very much hope that a stranger could help her. Therefore, she didn’t even think about whether this person would repay the money she borrowed. Let him catch up with that game, she didn’t know, he turned out to be the world’s number one hurdle gold medal. This matter can give us some enlightenment:
1. The most fascinating thing about the Olympics is not winning or losing, but the many touching stories behind it.
2. Not every country’s athletes can get five-star treatment. Some athletes even have to take their own transportation to the competition venue.
3. Some athletes win medals very well, but they usually take the wrong bus because of listening to music.
4. Don’t look at your mobile phone while walking, don’t just listen to music.
5. The taxi fare in Tokyo is really expensive.
6. It should be difficult for this incident to happen to a Taiwanese player, but if it does happen, we may invite her to visit Taiwan for ten years, and there will be different families willing to entertain her.
7. When this happens, the opposition party will definitely ask the Executive Yuan, the Education Minister, and the Sports Administrator to step down, even if the players have already won the gold medal.
8. Although the player didn’t give her the gold medal (big mistake), she didn’t care at all that she had used all the money to help the player. She was simply happy for him to win the prize.
9. If you encounter a problem, remember to ask for help. This is really nothing to be ashamed of. People will encounter unexpected situations, and if you don’t ask for help, no one will necessarily know what happened.
10. We must believe that when we are most difficult, there will be angels. The only thing we have to do is to hold on to the last moment.
(Title proposed by the editor)