“smallpox monkey” or Monkeypox that are spreading in European countries Most recently, there were patientsmonkey poxcontinually increasing, whichmonkey pox patient will have symptoms similar tosmallpox virus will be fever and itchy blisters occur in 1-3 days spread throughout the body today TrueID will bring you to know “Monkeypox (Monkeypox)” which is another epidemic that is coming now
By Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jesada Denduangboriban Lecturer at Department of Biology Faculty of Science Chulalongkorn University stated that “Small pox in monkeys (monkeypox) is not a concern. But should keep an eye on it.”
epidemic situation “smallpox monkey”
- monkey pox It is a rare disease. caused by a virus that is related tosmallpox (smallpox) causing fever, itchy purulent abscess formed on the skin and can cause death
- commonly monkey pox will be found in Africa and is often found in animals but recently There were news reports of the detection in some European countries.
- Portugal has reported five confirmed cases and 15 suspected, in Lisbon. all men and most of them are young people have skin lesions but the symptoms are not severe
- united kingdom A total of seven cases were reported among gay and bisexual men in London.
- Spain has 8 suspects and is pending confirmation.
beginning of the outbreak “smallpox monkey”
- It started reporting in the UK since May 7. A case of monkey pox was found in monkey pox. flying back from Nigeria After that, 6 more were found.
- which found that 4 cases are likely to be connected from being gay or bisexual and there is a sexual relationship between a man and a man
- Previously, there had been reports ofmonkey poxThere have been three cases in the UK, two of them living in the same house. and the other has traveled to Nigeria
Symptoms of “monkey pox”
- monkey pox Relative to chickenpox in humans but more difficult to spread have less severe symptoms and resulting in fewer deaths
- Usually the illness lasts 2-4 weeks and has an incubation period. (From infection to symptoms) about 5-21 days
- Symptoms include fever, headache, muscle aches, back pain, chills, tiredness, and swollen lymph nodes. (which is a key difference from chickenpox in humans)
- when the fever started Scary-looking blisters appear in 1-3 days, usually starting on the face. and spread through the body Some people may not grow much. But some people may have thousands of blisters. which will be larger There is an increase in pus inside until it “cooked” and ruptured.
The origin of the name “small pox”
- The monkey pox virus belongs to the genus ortopox virus. Orthopoxvirus of the family Poxviridis Poxviridae (pox means purulent abscess).
- It was first discovered in 1958 in a smallpox-like disease outbreak. which was born in a research lab where monkeys are kept
- Although there is no evidence that monkeys were the cause of the outbreak. But people took the disease by name. monkey pox Gone
- Currently, the World Health Organization expects The natural carriers of the disease are, in fact, rodents, such as mice and squirrels in the African forests.
outbreak area “smallpox monkey”
- outbreak ofmonkey pox In humans, it is often found in the tropical forests of Central and West Africa. It was first reported in 1970 from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. and later found in 11 other countries
- Found an outbreak outside Africa for the first time in 2003 in the United States. from the importation of infected animals
- Then, in 2018 and 2019, the United Kingdom The disease was detected in two tourists, an Israeli and a Singaporean. who have traveled to Nigeria
Contact for “small pox”
- We can contract the disease virus from infected animals. either from being bitten or scratched by an animal and from eating its flesh
- As for the infection from an infected person caused by direct contact or catch the clothes on the bed contaminated
- The virus will enter Vera’s body. through the wound on the skin or the respiratory system or mucous tissues (eg eyes, nose, mouth).
- mostly human-to-human transmission It passes through large droplets from the respiratory tract (such as droplets of saliva), causing the infection to travel very far. therefore must keep distance in the face-to-face range
- But from the outbreak found later causing many experts to believe that Having sex has the potential to spread the infection. because of the sexual activity bring the two of them closer together
How worried should I be about “small pox”?
- monkey pox They don’t usually have a serious illness. And most people will recover in a few weeks .. and that it doesn’t spread easily. It makes it a risk to the public. decreased a lot too
- People who are now infected with the monkey pox virus in England found to be a West African strain which is less severe than the Central African species with a mortality rate of 1% (if it is a Central African species, it will be 10%, and if the human smallpox will be up to about 30%)
- chance of death will be higher if the patient is a child and young people and people with immunodeficiency at risk of becoming severely ill
- Pregnant women infected with monkey pox may have difficulty conceiving and miscarriage while giving birth
- One of the problems with this disease is that patients with mild symptoms They may not be aware that they are infected with the disease. and make it possible to spread the virus to others
treatment and prevention How is “small pox”?
- There is no specific cure. And most of the time, the disease will go away on its own.
- It is believed that the smallpox vaccine It is highly effective in preventing monkey pox as well.
- But since smallpox was eradicated 40 years ago, there is no vaccine available to people now. remaining longer
- But a new vaccine has been successfully developed by Bavarian Nordic for both the prevention of smallpox in humans. and monkey pox It is certified by the European Union, United States and Canada (tradenames Imvanex, Jynneos and Imvamune respectively).
- antiviral part that is in the process of development
Picture from Facebook page Oh, it’s like this by Ajarn Jet
Picture from Facebook page Oh, it’s like this by Ajarn Jet
Facebook page information Oh, it’s like this by Ajarn Jet
Sticking to the Covid-19 situation keep up with the movement get the right knowledge delivered directly to you
Click now!! >>> Get to know covid <<< หรือ กด *301*35# โทรออก
All hot issues, news, information, and events can be discussed 24 hours a day.
Click here >>> TrueID Community <<