Stock market indices and conditions, oil, gold and foreign exchange markets on 21 November 2022.
– The New York Dow Jones Stock Exchange closed on Monday (Nov. 21) as investors worried about the economic impact. After China announced lockdowns in Beijing and other cities to curb the spread of COVID-19.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 33,700.28 points, down 45.41 points or -0.13%, the S&P 500 closed at 3,949.94 points, down 15.40 points or -0.39%, and the Nasdaq closed at 11,024.51 points, down 1,024.51 points. 1% or -21.5% 1 or -21.5%, down 1% or -21.9%
– European stocks closed lower on Monday (Nov. 21), with commodity shares weighing on concerns about the economic impact of COVID-19 containment measures. rises in china
The STOXX 600 index closed at 433.06 points, down 0.27 points or -0.06%.
France’s CAC-40 stock market index closed at 6,634.45 points, down 10.01 points or -0.15%, Germany’s DAX stock market index closed at 14,379.93 points, down 51.93 points or -0.36% and London’s FTSE 100 stock market index closed at 7,376 . points, down 8.67 points or -0.12%
– London stocks closed lower on Monday (Nov. 21), with commodity shares falling on concerns about COVID-19 containment measures. in China, a major metal consumer But the weaker pound sterling helped consumer goods stocks.
The London Stock Exchange FTSE 100 closed at 7,376.85, down 8.67 points, or -0.12%.
– West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures in New York closed slightly lower on Monday (Nov. 21), after falling sharply during the day. because of the news that Saudi Arabia and members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) are discussing an increase in production.
The WTI crude oil contract will be introduced in December. It was down 35 cents, or 0.44%, at $79.73 a barrel.
The Brent crude oil contract (BRENT) will be introduced in January. It was down 17 cents, or 0.19%, at $87.45 a barrel.
– New York gold futures closed lower on Monday (November 21) as the strength of the dollar weighed on the market. Investors are keeping an eye on the minutes of the Federal Reserve’s November meeting, due to be released on Wednesday.
The COMEX (Commodity Exchange) gold contract is introduced in December. down $14.8, or 0.84%, to close at $1,739.6/oz.
Silver metal contracts executed in December. It was down 12.5 cents, or 0.6%, at $20.872/ounce.
The platinum contract was achieved in January. Up $3.6, or 0.37%, to close at $987.9/ounce.
The palladium contract was executed in December. It fell $85.90, or 4.4%, to close at $1,853/ounce.
– The US dollar rallied against major currencies in trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Monday (Nov. 21) as investors flocked to the dollar as a safe haven currency. Amid concerns over the spread of COVID-19 in China
The dollar index, which measures the greenback against a basket of six major currencies, was up 0.82 percent at 107.8350.
The dollar was stronger against the yen at 142.13 yen from 140.36 yen and against the Swiss franc at 0.9592 francs from 0.9531 francs, with the Canadian dollar at 1.3446 Canadian dollars from 1.3384 Canadian dollars. And is valued against the Swedish krona at 10.7110 krona from 10.6243 krona.
The euro was weaker against the dollar at $1.0243 from $1.0331 and the pound was weaker to $1.1815 from $1.1890.
The DJIA New York Stock Exchange index closed at 33,700.28 points, down 45.41 points, -0.13%.
The New York Stock Exchange S&P500 closed at 3,949.94 points, down 15.40 points, -0.39%.
The New York Stock Exchange NASDAQ closed at 11,024.51 points, down 121.55 points, -1.09%.
France’s CAC-40 stock market index closed at 6,634.45 points, down 10.01 points, -0.15%.
The DAX index of the German stock market closed at 14,379.93 points, down 51.93 points, -0.36%.
The London Stock Exchange FTSE 100 closed at 7,376.85, down 8.67 points, -0.12%.
Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Index closed at 7,139.30 points, down 12.50 points, -0.17%.
The Australian stock market index ALL ORDINARIES closed at 7,335.10 points, down 19.60 points, -0.27%.
Japan’s NIKKEI 225 stock market index closed at 27,944.79 points, up 45.02 points, +0.16%.
The KOSPI index of the South Korean stock market closed at 2,419.50 points, down 24.98 points, -1.02%.
The Taiwan TAIEX stock market index closed at 14,449.39 points, down 55.60 points, -0.38%.
The SSE Composite index of the Chinese stock market closed at 3,085.04 points, down 12.20 points, -0.39%.
The Hong Kong stock market HSI index closed at 17,655.91 points, down 336.63 points, -1.87%.
The SENSEX index of the Indian stock market closed at 61,144.84 points, down 518.64 points, -0.84%.
Indonesia’s Jakarta Composite Index closed at 7,063.25 points, down 18.93 points, -0.27%.
The Philippine Stock Exchange PSE Composite Index closed at 6,403.24 points, down 34.14 points, -0.53%.
Malaysia’s FMKLCI stock market index closed at 1,447.96 points, down 1.36 points, -0.09%.
The FTSE STI Stock Exchange of Singapore closed at 3,250.62 points, down 21.61 points, -0.66%.