Wriddhiman Saha: Saha will not reveal the name of the threatened journalist; Dada’s intervention?

Kolkata, First Published Feb 22, 2022, 6:07 PM IST

Kolkata: Indian cricketer Wriddhiman Saha has said he will not reveal the name of the journalist who threatened him. The veteran wicketkeeper explained that it was not his intention to disrupt someone’s work. At the same time, it is alleged that Saha’s setback was due to the intervention of the Sourav Ganguly faction.

Wriddhiman Saha tweeted with a screenshot that a prominent journalist had threatened him after the announcement of the Test team against Sri Lanka. BCCI treasurer Arun Dhumal had said he would take up the matter and talk to Saha. However, Wriddhiman Saha said he would not name the journalist despite the BCCI’s request. ‘No one has called from the BCCI yet. It is not my intention to interrupt someone’s work. That’s not what my parents taught me, “said Saha.

What if Ganguly moves the calves?

Saha was responding to allegations that he had been threatened by a journalist associated with Ganguly. Saha said he had not spoken to Ganguly for two days. Wriddhiman Saha, who had earlier criticized coach Rahul Dravid for his omission from the team, did not mention the name of the journalist, which was allegedly due to Ganguly’s interference.

Former Indian cricket coach Ravi Shastri has demanded that BCCI president Sourav Ganguly intervene in the matter. Legendary opener Virender Sehwag also came out in support of Saha. Thirty-seven-year-old Wriddhiman Saha has played 40 Tests for India.

The journalist wanted Wriddhiman Saha to give him an interview regarding his omission from the Test team. But when he was not ready for it, Saha later revealed that the messages were in a threatening tone. Despite making so many contributions to Indian cricket, this is what I got from a journalist I know, and this is how journalism is now, ”Saha wrote on Twitter, sharing a screenshot of the chat.

Bhaji wants name released

Earlier, Sahai had demanded that the name of the journalist who had leaked the message be released. ‘Growth, you put out his name. But let the identity of the journalists who act in this way come out. Or it may cast doubt on even those who do well. What kind of journalism is this. “The BCCI should protect the players from such incidents,” Harbhajan said.

Saha scored a half-century in the Test series against New Zealand but was left out of the series against South Africa. Saha had earlier sent a message of congratulations to BCCI President Sourav Ganguly after his performance in the Test against New Zealand. After that, coach Rahul Dravid told PTI in an interview with Saha news agency that he had been told by selectors and team management that he was no longer considered for the team and that it was better to retire.

When the squad for the Test series against Sri Lanka was announced, the chairman of the selection committee did not give a clear answer to the question about Saha’s omission. Chetan Sharma’s response was that he could not say why Saha was left out and that age was not a factor.

Rahul Dravid: ‘Only respect for Saha’; Dravid clarifies wicketkeeper’s controversial statement

Last Updated Feb 22, 2022, 6:13 PM IST

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.