Thiruvananthapuram, First Published May 29, 2022, 12:06 AM IST
Thiruvananthapuram: The Central Meteorological Department has warned of heavy rains in the state. Yellow alert has been declared in eight districts today. Yellow alert was issued in Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Idukki and Thrissur districts. The Central Meteorological Department has warned of isolated thundershowers in Kerala till June 1.
Central Meteorological Department forecasts rain forecast for the next few days
The Central Meteorological Department has issued yellow alerts in various districts
29/05/2022: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur
30/05/2022: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam and Idukki
31/05/2022: Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode
01/06/2022: Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod
The yellow alert has been issued in the following districts. The possibility of isolated heavy rains is forecast. Heavy rainfall is defined as a rainfall of 64.5 mm to 115.5 mm in 24 hours.
Fisherman vigilance instruction
Fishing is not allowed off the coast of Kerala from 29-05-2022 to 30-05-2022.
The Central Meteorological Department has forecast strong winds of 40 to 50 kmph along the Kerala-Lakshadweep coast from 29-05-2022 to 30-05-2022. Fishing is not allowed in these areas.
Special caution instructions
29-05-2022 to 30-05-2022: South-eastern Arabian Sea along the adjoining Kanyakumari coast and southern Tamil Nadu coast at a speed of 40 to 50 kmph. Fishing is not allowed in the above areas and dates.
Famine in coastal areas; The 52-day ban on trawling is set to take effect on June 9
Lightning – Caution Instructions
Lightning is dangerous. They cause great damage to human and animal life and to electrical and communication networks and appliances connected to electrical conductors. Therefore, the public should take the following precautions from the moment they start seeing the cloud. Do not refrain from taking such precautions as lightning is not visible.
– Move into a safe building as soon as you notice the first sign of lightning. Staying in the open will increase the likelihood of thunderstorms.
– Close windows and doors in case of strong winds and thunderstorms, and do not stand near doors and windows. Sit inside the building and try not to touch the wall or floor as much as possible.
– Disconnect household appliances. Avoid proximity to electrical equipment during thunderstorms.
– Avoid using the telephone during thunderstorms. There is nothing wrong with using a mobile phone.
– Children should not play in the open air or on the terrace if the atmosphere is cloudy.
– Do not stand under trees during thunderstorms. Vehicles should not be parked in trees.
– Stay inside the vehicle during thunderstorms. Do not pull the limbs out. You will be safe inside the vehicle. Travel on bicycles, bikes and tractors should be avoided during thunderstorms and seek refuge in a safe building until the thunderstorm ends.
– Do not go to the terrace or yard to pick up clothes during thunderstorms during thunderstorms.
– Tie up objects that are likely to fall over in the wind.
– Avoid bathing during thunderstorms. Also avoid collecting water from taps. Lightning current may pass through pipes.
– Do not go fishing or bathing in the water during thunderstorms. As soon as you start seeing the clouds, stop fishing and boating and try to reach the nearest shore immediately. Do not stand on the deck of the boat during thunderstorms. Baiting and netting should be stopped during thunderstorms.
– Avoid flying kites.
– It is dangerous to sit on a terrace or other high place or on a tree branch during thunderstorms.
– Do not tie pets in the open at this time. Do not go to see them in the rain cloud to loosen and replace them safely. This may cause you to be struck by lightning.
– If you are in an open space where you cannot move to a nearby building, keep your feet together and your head between your knees and roll like a ball.
– Lightning conductors can be installed on top of buildings to protect them from lightning. Surge protector can be attached for safety of electrical equipment.
– Lightning strikes can cause burns, loss of vision or hearing, or even a heart attack. It should be noted that there is no electric current in the body of the person who has been struck by lightning. So do not hesitate to give first aid to the person who is struck by lightning. The first thirty seconds after being struck by lightning are life-saving golden moments. Seek immediate medical attention to the person affected by the lightning.
In Thrikkakara top gear, LDF caught on video controversy, UDF retaliated, BJP smoked incense.
Last Updated May 29, 2022, 12:06 AM IST