Skip to main content
News Directory 3
  • Home
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
Menu
  • Home
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
Enea Bastianini Quits MotoGP Safety Commission Meetings Over Frustration with Lack of Progress on Rider Safety Issues - News Directory 3

Enea Bastianini Quits MotoGP Safety Commission Meetings Over Frustration with Lack of Progress on Rider Safety Issues

April 23, 2026 David Thompson Sports
News Context
At a glance
  • Enea Bastianini has confirmed he no longer attends MotoGP Safety Commission meetings, citing frustration over a lack of tangible progress on safety concerns raised by riders.
  • The Red Bull KTM Tech3 rider made the disclosure following the Spanish Grand Prix weekend, explaining that despite regular discussions during the meetings, little has changed in terms...
  • It's very difficult to talk in the Safety Commission,” Bastianini said.
Original source: motorsport.com

Enea Bastianini has confirmed he no longer attends MotoGP Safety Commission meetings, citing frustration over a lack of tangible progress on safety concerns raised by riders.

The Red Bull KTM Tech3 rider made the disclosure following the Spanish Grand Prix weekend, explaining that despite regular discussions during the meetings, little has changed in terms of actionable outcomes.

“We have the Safety Commission. It’s very difficult to talk in the Safety Commission,” Bastianini said. “I’m trying to be satisfied for the future. We talk a lot about safety. Every time we talk about safety, but not every time something changes. I’m a bit disappointed about it. This year, I’ve never stayed in the Safety Commission because I haven’t seen a lot of difference, to be honest.”

The Safety Commission convenes on Fridays during Grand Prix weekends and serves as a formal channel for riders to present safety-related concerns to race officials and advocate for improvements. Its relevance has been heightened following safety issues encountered at the Brazilian Grand Prix, where track surface problems including a sinkhole and asphalt degradation dominated discussions.

Looking ahead, the championship is preparing for a historic shift, with the Australian Grand Prix set to move from Phillip Island to a street circuit in Adelaide starting in 2027 — marking the first time MotoGP will race on a purpose-built street venue in the modern era.

Bastianini’s comments come amid broader rider sentiment regarding safety governance, with fellow competitor Fabio Quartararo having previously highlighted a growing divide among riders on how safety issues are addressed and prioritized within the championship.

The Italian rider’s decision to disengage from the Safety Commission reflects ongoing challenges in translating rider feedback into concrete safety enhancements, even as the sport prepares for significant venue and infrastructure changes in the coming seasons.

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X

Related

Circuito de Jerez, enea bastianini, Enea Bastianini frustrated by MotoGP safety inaction; Fabio Quartararo highlights rider divide, Fabio Quartararo, MotoGP, Spanish GP

Search:

News Directory 3

ByoDirectory is a comprehensive directory of businesses and services across the United States. Find what you need, when you need it.

Quick Links

  • Disclaimer
  • Terms and Conditions
  • About Us
  • Advertising Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Editorial Guidelines
  • Privacy Policy

Browse by State

  • Alabama
  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Colorado

Connect With Us

© 2026 News Directory 3. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service