Houthi’s Third Attack on Ben Gurion Airport
- SANAA - The Yemen Houthi group claimed obligation on Saturday, March 22, 2025, for targeting Ben Gurion Airport in Israel with hypersonic missiles.
- According to a statement, Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said the action was taken to support the oppressed Palestinian people and their brave resistance.
- saree stated that This attack is the third in 48 hours and managed to reach its target.
Yemen‘s Houthi Group Claims Attack on Ben gurion Airport
Table of Contents
- Yemen’s Houthi Group Claims Attack on Ben gurion Airport
- Yemen’s houthi Group Claims Attack on Ben Gurion Airport: Frequently Asked Questions
- [H1] What Happened at Ben Gurion Airport?
- [H2] Why is the Houthi Group Targeting Ben Gurion Airport?
- [H2] What Were the Impacts of the Attacks?
- [H2] How Many Times Has Ben Gurion airport Been Targeted?
- [H2] What is the Ceasefire Agreement Between Israel and the yemen’s Houthi Group all about?
- [H2] What is the International Reaction to These Attacks and the Conflict?
- [H2] What Other actions Has the houthi Group Taken?
- [H2] Key Events Timeline?
Published:

SANAA – The Yemen Houthi group claimed obligation on Saturday, March 22, 2025, for targeting Ben Gurion Airport in Israel with hypersonic missiles. This marks the third such claim in the past 48 hours.
According to a statement, Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said the action was taken to support the oppressed Palestinian people and their brave resistance.
He claimed their missile troops successfully targeted Ben Gurion Airport.
saree stated that This attack is the third in 48 hours and managed to reach its target.
Reports indicate this is the fifth instance of missiles being launched from Yemen toward Israel since a ceasefire agreement on Jan.19. The Houthis allege that Israel violated the agreement.
Saree issued a warning to airlines, stating that Ben Gurion Airport is no longer safe for air traffic and will remain so that aggression in gaza stops and the blockade is revoked.
The spokesman also claimed responsibility for a military operation against warships escorting the USS Harry Truman aircraft carrier, stating it was part of our response to American aggression to our country.
On Friday, the Israeli military reported intercepting a missile launched from Yemen. This was the second such incident within a 24-hour period.
Last week, then-U.S. President Donald Trump stated he had ordered a firm and strong
attack on Houthi positions.
In response, the group stated on Thursday that Trump’s threat would not prevent them from supporting Gaza,
and claimed responsibility for launching missile attacks against Israel and ships in the Red Sea.
These events coincide with renewed Israeli attacks on Gaza that began on Tuesday morning.
Yemen’s houthi Group Claims Attack on Ben Gurion Airport: Frequently Asked Questions
[H1] What Happened at Ben Gurion Airport?
Answer: On March 22, 2025, the Yemen-based Houthi group claimed responsibility for targeting Ben Gurion Airport in Israel with hypersonic missiles. This was the third such claim within 48 hours. A Houthi military spokesman stated the attack was intended to support the Palestinian people.
[H2] Why is the Houthi Group Targeting Ben Gurion Airport?
Answer: The Houthi group states that their attacks are in solidarity with the Palestinians. They claim their actions are a response to renewed Israeli attacks on Gaza and the ongoing blockade. The Houthi spokesman has also warned airlines that Ben Gurion Airport is no longer safe.
[H2] What Were the Impacts of the Attacks?
Answer: The article focuses on the claims made by the Houthi group. Though, it provides limited information on the immediate effects or damage caused by the claimed missile attacks at Ben Gurion Airport, or on any potential casualties.
[H2] How Many Times Has Ben Gurion airport Been Targeted?
Answer: The Houthi group stated that the March 22, 2025 attack was the third in 48 hours.Since a ceasefire agreement on January 19, 2025, this is reportedly the fifth instance of missiles being launched from Yemen towards Israel.
[H2] What is the Ceasefire Agreement Between Israel and the yemen’s Houthi Group all about?
Answer: Details of the ceasefire agreement are not provided in this article aside from the fact that there was an agreement on January 19, 2025, that was allegedly violated by israel, as per the Houthis’ allegations.
[H2] What is the International Reaction to These Attacks and the Conflict?
Answer: On Thursday, the Houthi group responded to then-U.S. President Donald Trump’s threat of a “firm and strong” attack on Houthi positions,stating that it wouldn’t prevent them from supporting Gaza. The article does not provide further information on international reactions.
[H2] What Other actions Has the houthi Group Taken?
answer: Beyond the attacks on Ben Gurion Airport, the Houthi group also claimed responsibility for a military operation against warships escorting the USS Harry Truman aircraft carrier, stating it was “part of our response to American aggression to our country.” They also claimed responsibility for other missile attacks against Israel and ships in the red Sea.
[H2] Key Events Timeline?
Answer:
| Date | event |
| ————– | —————————————————————————- |
| January 19, 2025 | Ceasefire agreement is put in place between Israel and the Houthi Group.|
| March 22, 2025 | Houthi group claims responsibility for a missile attack on Ben Gurion Airport, the third claim in 48 hours. |
| March 22, 2025 | Houthi group claims responsibility for attacking warships escorting the USS Harry Truman. |
