Home » News » King Charles III Reacts to Prince Andrew’s Arrest Over Public Office Misconduct

King Charles III Reacts to Prince Andrew’s Arrest Over Public Office Misconduct

King Charles Expresses Concern Following Arrest of Prince Andrew

King Charles III stated that the law “must take its course” following the arrest of his brother, former Prince Andrew, on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The arrest occurred on Thursday, February 19, 2026, and has prompted a statement from Buckingham Palace.

In a statement, the monarch expressed his “deepest concern,” while emphasizing that the legal process must unfold independently. “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” King Charles said. “In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”

“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” the 77-year-old King continued. He added that he would refrain from further comment while the investigation is underway, and that the royal family would “continue in our duty and service to you all.”

Police arrested Prince Andrew on Thursday morning at his residence in Sandringham, Norfolk, in eastern England. Thames Valley Police confirmed the arrest of a man in his sixties, who remains in custody. The police have not named the arrested individual, but reports confirm it is Prince Andrew.

The arrest comes amid scrutiny surrounding Prince Andrew’s past connections to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Documents released by the U.S. Department of Justice reportedly indicate that Prince Andrew shared sensitive government information with Epstein when serving as a British trade envoy.

Thames Valley Police had recently indicated it was assessing this information to determine if a criminal investigation was warranted. Following a thorough assessment, the police opened an investigation into the allegation of misconduct in public office. Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright stated, “It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation.”

“We understand the considerable public interest in this case and will provide updates accordingly,” Wright added.

Prince Andrew was stripped of his royal titles and honors by King Charles last year, following intense public criticism related to his association with Epstein and allegations made by Virginia Giuffre, who accused him of sexual assault. Prince Andrew has denied these accusations.

The family of Virginia Giuffre, who died by suicide last year, released a statement thanking British police, saying, “our broken hearts have been lifted at the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty.”

Police are currently conducting searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk as part of the investigation. Buckingham Palace confirmed last week that the royal family would cooperate fully with any police inquiries regarding Prince Andrew.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.