Prosecution Denies Asia Report Rumors
- NANTES, France (AP) — The Nantes prosecutorS office on Monday refuted recent social media rumors claiming that Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès, wanted in connection with the 2011 murders...
- Antoine Leroy, the public prosecutor of Nantes, acknowledged the proliferation of these reports.
- "Contrary to what has been indicated, to date, no factual and verifiable element has been brought to the attention of the Nantes jurisdiction, nor to the police services,...
Dupont de Ligonnès Search continues Amid Unconfirmed Sightings
Table of Contents
- Dupont de Ligonnès Search continues Amid Unconfirmed Sightings
- Xavier dupont de Ligonnès: Unraveling the Latest News & Social Media Investigations
- Who is Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès?
- What is the most recent update about the search for Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès?
- What prompted the prosecutor’s statement?
- What did the prosecutor say specifically?
- Is there any evidence to support the claim that he was located in Asia?
- Why is social media involved in this case?
- Who is the social media influencer involved?
- How many people are involved in the social media “hunt”?
- What information is the social media influencer claiming to have found?
- How is this social media search impacting the inquiry?
- How long has Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès been missing?
- Have there been other alleged sightings?
- What is the current status of the official investigation?
- Summary of Key Facts
NANTES, France (AP) — The Nantes prosecutorS office on Monday refuted recent social media rumors claiming that Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès, wanted in connection with the 2011 murders of his wife and four children, had been located in Asia.
Antoine Leroy, the public prosecutor of Nantes, acknowledged the proliferation of these reports. “Since March 18, 2025, data has been circulating in the media and on social networks suggesting Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès has been located,” Leroy stated. He did not directly mention a social media influencer who reportedly posted a photo from Asia purporting too show the fugitive.
“Contrary to what has been indicated, to date, no factual and verifiable element has been brought to the attention of the Nantes jurisdiction, nor to the police services, by anyone, that can attest to the reality of this information,” the prosecutor said.
Dupont de Ligonnès is the prime suspect in the April 2011 deaths of his wife and their four children.Their bodies where discovered buried beneath the terrace of their Nantes home. dupont de Ligonnès disappeared shortly after the discovery,and authorities have been unable to determine weather he is dead or alive and on the run.
As his disappearance, alleged sightings of Dupont de Ligonnès have surfaced repeatedly in various locations, none of which have been confirmed.Recently, a social media influencer known for sharing scandalous information about celebrities and reality TV personalities, reportedly initiated a ”digital hunt” for Dupont de Ligonnès, according to the influencer’s lawyer, Tom Michel.
Michel stated that ”more than 370,000 people have joined the channel dedicated to this research.” The lawyer, in a statement published on the influencer’s social media account Sunday, claimed that ”precise, tangible, and new information has been discovered” that “could allow this dossier to be closed.”
“We give justice the fruit of this operation,” Michel said, adding that it ”marks a major turning point in the history of the search for fugitives in France.” The influencer, identified as Aniss Zitouni, 27, has solicited information about Dupont de Ligonnès through a social media channel, reportedly receiving “tens of thousands of contributions.”
Welcome. This article dives into the ongoing search for Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès. We’ll explore the recent developments, the role of social media, and the official statements.
Who is Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès?
Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès is the prime suspect in the April 2011 murders of his wife and four children. their bodies were discovered buried beneath the terrace of their home in Nantes, France. He disappeared shortly after the revelation and has been a fugitive ever since.
What is the most recent update about the search for Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès?
the Nantes prosecutor’s office refuted recent social media rumors that claim Xavier dupont de Ligonnès had been located in Asia.This statement was made on Monday.
What prompted the prosecutor’s statement?
The prosecutor’s statement was a response to the proliferation of reports circulating in the media and on social networks since March 18, 2025, suggesting that Xavier dupont de Ligonnès’s location had been identified.
What did the prosecutor say specifically?
The public prosecutor, Antoine leroy, stated that “to date, no factual and verifiable element has been brought to the attention of the Nantes jurisdiction, nor to the police services, by anyone, that can attest to the reality of this details.” This means the authorities have no confirmed information about his whereabouts.
Is there any evidence to support the claim that he was located in Asia?
According to the prosecutor’s office,there is no factual and verifiable evidence to support this claim.the authorities have not received any credible information confirming his presence in asia or anywhere else.
Social media has become a significant factor in the search for Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès. Alleged sightings of the fugitive have repeatedly surfaced on various platforms. Recently, a social media influencer initiated a “digital hunt” for Dupont de Ligonnès, attracting a large following.
The influencer is Aniss Zitouni,age 27,known for sharing scandalous information about celebrities and reality TV personalities.
According to the influencer’s lawyer, Tom Michel, more than 370,000 people have joined the channel dedicated to the search.
The lawyer for the influencer,Tom Michel,claimed that “precise,tangible,and new information has been discovered” that ”could allow this dossier to be closed.” He also stated that they intend to give the findings to the justice system.
The social media search highlights the intense public interest in the case. However, it’s vital to note that, as of the latest information according to the prosecutors office, no credible information has been reported from these searches.
How long has Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès been missing?
xavier Dupont de Ligonnès has been missing as shortly after the discovery of his family’s bodies in April 2011. That means he has been on the run for a significant number of years.
Have there been other alleged sightings?
Yes, alleged sightings of Dupont de Ligonnès have surfaced repeatedly in various locations since his disappearance. None of these sightings have been confirmed by the authorities.
What is the current status of the official investigation?
The official investigation is ongoing.The authorities are still trying to determine whether Dupont de Ligonnès is alive or dead, and his current location remains unknown. they continue to follow up on leads, though none have proven to be conclusive.
Summary of Key Facts
| Aspect | Details |
| :———————— | :——————————————————————————————————————————————————————— |
| Suspect | Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès |
| Crime | Suspect in the 2011 murders of his wife and four children. |
| Disappearance | shortly after the discovery of the bodies in April 2011. |
| recent Rumors | Reports of his location in Asia,circulated on social media. |
| Official Response | the Nantes prosecutor’s office refuted the rumors, stating there is “no factual and verifiable element.” |
| Social Media Involvement | A social media influencer initiated a “digital hunt,” attracting a large following and receiving “tens of thousands of contributions.” |
| Current Status | Investigation ongoing; authorities seeking any credible information about his whereabouts. Unknown if he is alive or dead. |
