Bake Off Star Dropped by BBC | 10-Year Exit
- Nadiya Hussain, winner of the sixth series of The Great British Bake Off, says the BBC has decided not to commission any further cookery shows with her after...
- Hussain rose to prominence after winning the baking competition in 2015 when it still aired on BBC One with Mary Berry as a judge.
- her shows included "Nadiya’s Simple Spices," "Nadiya’s Everyday Baking," and "Nadiya’s Cook Once, Eat Twice." Though, Hussain described the BBC's decision as a "turning point."
Following a decade of collaboration, Nadiya Hussain’s BBC cookery show has been axed, marking a notable career shift. The Great British Bake Off winner shared the news,signaling a new chapter for the popular chef and television personality. Hussain also highlighted feelings of being unsupported as a Muslim woman in the industry, sparking discussions on diversity within television. Read more on this developing story at News Directory 3, where the primary_keyword is “Nadiya Hussain” and the secondary_keyword is “BBC.” Discover what’s next for the beloved baker.
Nadiya hussain Says BBC ‘Dropped’ Her After 10 years
Updated June 7, 2025
Nadiya Hussain, winner of the sixth series of The Great British Bake Off, says the BBC has decided not to commission any further cookery shows with her after a decade of collaboration. Hussain, 40, shared her feelings in an emotional instagram video, discussing the “trajectory of change” in her career.
Hussain rose to prominence after winning the baking competition in 2015 when it still aired on BBC One with Mary Berry as a judge. Since then, she has launched numerous cooking shows, made TV appearances, and published cookbooks, becoming a household name in home cooking.
her shows included “Nadiya’s Simple Spices,” “Nadiya’s Everyday Baking,” and “Nadiya’s Cook Once, Eat Twice.” Though, Hussain described the BBC’s decision as a ”turning point.”
In her instagram post,Hussain thanked her fans for their support and revealed the BBC’s decision. “The BBC have decided that thay didn’t want to commission a show. And for me,that was a huge turning point as it’s something I’ve done for the past 10 years,” she said.
She added that the decision solidified her desire to work with people who believe in diverse voices. ”As a Muslim woman, I work in an industry that doesn’t always support people like me or recognize my talent or full potential,” Hussain said.


‘The BBC have decided that they didn’t want to commission a show. And for me, that was a huge turning point because it’s something I’ve done for the past 10 years.’
Nadiya Hussain
‘as a Muslim woman, I work in an industry that doesn’t always support people like me or recognise my talent or full potential.’
Nadiya Hussain
Hussain also mentioned her recent health struggles, revealing her diagnosis with two autoimmune diseases last year. She plans to share more details when she has a better understanding of her conditions.

