Unbelievable scene… Shock of stagnation of substances in the stomach of a woman in her 60s

55 batteries were found in the stomach of a woman in her 60s
Irish Medical Journal reports on the case of a local woman
“Swallow most batteries”

Photo = Irish Independent

As many as 55 batteries were found in the stomach of a 66-year-old woman in Ireland. Local medical staff believed he had committed some form of self-harm.

According to foreign media reports such as The Irish Independent and British Daily Star on the 18th (local time), the Irish Medical Journal presented the case of a woman A who swallowed a battery on the 15th.

Person A swallowed 55 batteries and visited the emergency room of St. John’s University Hospital. Vincent. The medical staff confirmed that there were dozens of batteries in Mr A’s stomach through X-rays.

The medical staff recommended non-surgical treatment as Mr A showed no signs of intestinal obstruction or gastric perforation. As a result, Mr A excreted 5 AA batteries in his faeces for a week. However, the rest of the batteries are said to have become stuck in the stomach and could not be released.

Photo = Irish Independent

Photo = Irish Independent

After that, when Mr. Complaining of abdominal pain and loss of appetite, the medical staff removed the rest of the batteries by laparotomy, etc. At that time, Mr A’s stomach was said to have stretched into the pubic bone due to the weight of the battery.

“Deliberately swallowing multiple batteries as a form of deliberate self-harm is unusual,” the medical staff said in a journal.

Hong Min-seong, reporter at Hankyung.com mshong@hankyung.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.