The Vice President of the Industrial Council analyzes the minimum wage, is it really the answer to solving the problem of the cost of living of labour?
Mr. analyzed Isaret Rattanadilok Na Phuket, Vice President of the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI/FTI) because of hidden costs in terms of living costs. of Thai people, such as electricity, food, travel, Wi-Fi, and other utilities Thai people were found to have higher living costs than neighbors.
Department of Internal Trade Hold on brakes, traders raise product prices, bring wages.
The Thai Chamber of Commerce fears wages will be as low as 450 baht, affecting investment.
1. The monopoly mechanism and the public sector are dominated by large capital monopolies. At the policy level, the level of the regulator and the level of the operator and the concession system is the source of unfairness.
The price of utility bills is a shortcoming of a free market mechanism. that Thai people have to pay dearly compared to neighbours
2. The problem of pollution is another important cause. of various costs that follow in the cost of living and basic utilities Including the number of government budgets that were lost on the way before reaching the people. In various projects for the reason “Nothing is free”
for the two reasons mentioned above. The greater the problem of income inequality of the people between the rich and the poor throughout the Thai society
However, Mr Isares looked at the solution to help people with living costs from the government which should be a national agenda to solve problems together, namely
- solve the problems of monopoly capital
- A solution to fraud and corruption
- Press for the “Welfare Policy”
To help reduce the cost of living for people who are struggling in all kinds appropriately, such as 30 baht for each disease, 20 baht for the electric train throughout the line, free Internet, the Blue Flag project, prices economical for food and important. consumer products. These are things that the government should push forward systematically and comprehensively. If all 3 things are done, the people’s living costs and labor will be reduced.
minimum wage policy It will not be a tool for political party campaigning. As it was in the past, which will only destroy the economy, especially small and medium businesses, by dying and going out of business or reducing the number of employees to reduce labor costs As many sectors are concerned, this is not included. money flowing out of the country by foreign workers merit Thailand’s minimum wage
At the same time, we are ready to cooperate. When paying wages with the Pay by Skill and by Productivity policy, which means that the mission of Upskilling and Re-skilling should be an urgent matter that the public and private sectors should do together in order to provide labor of standard to meet business needs. and receive a reasonable and fair salary In addition, Thailand’s competitiveness (Competitiveness) will improve accordingly.